Principal Data Scientist
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1251543BR
What you'll do at
- A Principal Data Scientist is responsible for collaborating with a business segment to determine long-term vision and provide analytical support and guidance. A Principal Data Scientist analyzes large data sets to develop multiple, complex custom models and algorithms to drive innovative business solutions. Principal Data Scientists work on large project teams in order to provide analytical support and guidance to a large project team (for example, email targeting, business optimization, consumer recommendations) within Walmart eCommerce. The algorithms built
- Build learning systems to analyze and filter continuous data flows and offline data analysis.
- Combine data features to determine search models.
- Conduct advanced statistical analysis to determine trends and significant data relationships.
- Develop machine learning models to apply test data algorithms to future data.
- Develop models of current state in order to determine improvements needed.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Interpret data to identify trends to go across future data sets.
- Lead project teams to develop innovative solutions to drive innovative business solutions.
- Lead the implementation of data modeling solutions.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provide guidance to cross-functional leadership regarding data modeling possibilities.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Research new techniques and best practices within the industry.
- Review business strategies to ensure alignment across initiatives.
- Scale new algorithms to large data sets.
- Train algorithms to apply models to new data sets.
- Translate business needs into data modeling initiatives.
- Utilize system tools including (MySQL, Hadoop, Weka, R, Matlab,ILog).
- Validate models and algorithmic techniques.
• Solid knowledge of Operations Research topics including Mixed Integer Programming, Combinatorial Optimization Problems.
• Experience of using commercial/open-source solvers such as Gurobi, Xpress, CPLEX.
• Problem solving skills / Abstract thinking – ability to understand a real-life problem, make the right judgement of problem statement, and give a feasible design of solution.
• Previous experience with Transportation/Supply Chain
• Previous experience with building production optimization engine for large scale problems
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts