Senior Data Scientist (Economics)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Data Science and Analytics
- Job Function Data Science and Analytics
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1250787BR
What you'll do at
We're looking for candidates that have ground-floor experience drawing econometric insights from individual or aggregate customer data. You'll deliver the insights you and the team generate and be directly involved in business strategy decisions related to Walmart's network of assets across the US.
In this new, exciting and challenging field there are limitless opportunities for highly motivated candidates who possess an insatiable curiosity to explore and solve the ever-evolving business challenges in the retail space.
The capabilities associated with managing and analyzing large amounts of data through traditional and non-traditional analytical processes to gain valuable business insights that can be leveraged to drive our business forward is quite possibly advancing more rapidly than any other technology field today. What better place to be involved, then the World’s Largest Retailer in an organization emboldened to pioneer new concepts and answer the call of, “What’s next?”
How data can transform and redefine the world of retail and the shopping experience for our customers and defining new ways to compete is anything but a small task; we are up for the challenge!
Join our Family: Apply Now
You will make an impression if:
• You enjoy and are advanced in statistical analytical approaches (e.g. regression, clustering, predictive analysis)
• You have an affinity for coding (e.g. R, Python, Arc GIS, Alteryx, Java)
• You’ve worked with large-scale database systems (e.g. Hive, Teradata, DB2)
• You’ve used large-scale customer- or retail-relevant data to find insights (e.g. Nielsen, Census, NCR, Experian)
• You enjoy visualizing data in new and exciting ways using Tableau, Excel, PowerBI or other data visualization tools
• You have an advanced degree in Geographic Information Services or Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related STEM field
• You are an innately curious, critical thinker who see both the big picture and the details
You will make an impact by:
• Leading, influencing and delivering clear and concise messages to business partners
• Executing well thought out project plans and strategies
• Designing the most cost-effective sequence of investments to an asset that will drive sales and ensure future financial health
• Incorporating cutting edge technology that simplifies processes and improves financial health of an asset
Fifty years ago, Sam Walton open a single shop and transformed it into the world’s biggest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: our commitment to helping our customers same money so they can live better. Today, we are reinventing the shopping experience and out associates are at the heart of it. When you join the Walmart family, you will play a crucial role in the shaping the future of retail, improving millions of lives around the world.
This is the place where your passions meet purpose. Join our family and build a career you can be proud of.
- Bachelor s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or a related field and 4 years experience in analytics, field operations, merchandising, or a related area OR 6 years experience in analytics, field operations, merchandising, or a related area.
- A PhD in Economics, Econometrics, Business, or related field, and 1+ years of experience applying econometric methods in retail..
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents