Director Inbound Planning
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Supply Chain and Logistics
- Job Function Supply Chain and Logistics
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1250059BR
What you'll do at
Inbound Flow and Order Management
• Via training & coaching ensure the team is equipped to execute the timely scheduling of DC purchase orders
• Ensure the accountability is clear for optimization of system settings and process to deliver automated schedule rate KPI’s
• Oversee inbound flow, communicate and resolve known and unexpected issues. Negotiate changes to DC operations and purchasing practises when constraints are breached
• Design and enhance decision rights within processes and socialize with business stakeholders
Constraint Planning and Inbound Optimisation
• Influence the capacity planning process by working with Replenishment teams and DC operators to optimize stock flow - achieving optimum utilization without breaching constraints
• Develop and improve on business processes to ensure a basis for sound information flows, analytical decision making and optimised inbound flow
• Ensure the construction of comprehensive and accurate inbound/reserve capacity plans occur, with focus on volume and seasonal events, managing accountability in the process
• Proactively identify future capacity issues, develop & delivery of alternative solutions
• Oversee the network meets performance outcomes during peak retail periods - ensuring constraints are recognised in the long-term planning processes and accounted for by other planning functions
• Coach the team to enhance understanding of supply chain constraints and negotiate short or long term capacity expansion to meet surplus demand. Responsibilities also include review of proposed constraints by Logistics operations (or suppliers) to simulate impacts on replenishment plans
• Drive accountability to ensure demand is modelled against known inbound, outbound and reserve constraints to identify breaches and resolve impacts to suppliers, Replenishment and Logistics operations
• Ensure inbound team members, Directors and Managers build strong relationships with DC GM’s to gather constraints and develop improvement opportunities
• Drive strong integration with the rest of NPO team to gather future inbound volume for events and impacts to capacity are clearly understood
• Feel when processes or business hand-offs are not clear with stakeholders and proactively lead the charge in such scenarios
• Foster a high performance culture – be a role model and ensure team members demonstrate; energy, curiosity, emotional awareness, composure & dignity, trust and are outcome focused in all ways of working.
• Lead and engage team members through effective people management practices, coaching and mentoring to provide them with the capabilities to achieve individual objectives, team objectives and goals
• Personify the Walmart values
• Conduct routine skills assessments and gap analysis to create development and training plans for employees to assist them to acquire new/relevant skills sets that facilitate business outcomes
• Recognize and identify talent within the team establishing transparent succession plans for employees to progress towards more senior roles or opportunities
• Be in tune with skills within the team and business needs, promote multi-skilling to cover absent team members
• Strive for right people in right role
Performance Evaluation and Management
• Establishing clear performance expectations with direct reports, evaluate gaps in skills and performance, and ensure appropriate business metrics are in place
- 2 years supervisory experience.
- 3 years experience with advanced functionality of Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, or related field and 5 years experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related area OR 7 years experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related area.
- 5 years experience in retail logistics operations.
- Master's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, or related field.
- Project Management certification.
- Six Sigma certification.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents