Software Engineer 3 – Site Reliability Engineer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1248903BR
What you'll do at
- Assists in providing guidance to small groups of two to three engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Manages small to large-sized complex projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
The Service Reliability Team (SRT) is an operational engineering development team for Point-of-Sale’s next-generation Cloud Powered Checkout (CPC) services. Adhering to the SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) philosophy, our objectives are to increase stability and maintain performance in the CPC environment, design and develop tools to assist support teams in maintaining these services in production, evolve and maintain monitoring/automation frameworks for proactive engagement by support teams, and assist CPC development teams with production issues and root cause analysis.
SRT Engineers have the following expectations/roles:
- Design and develop operational support tools for all levels of support teams
- Implement coding changes within a wide variety of services using a diverse technology stack, including Java, Spring Framework, Node.JS, Docker, Kubernetes, SQL/NoSQL databases, etc.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise with newer technology paradigms such as Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Microservice Architecture (MSA), multitenant architecture, etc.
- Support and maintain monitoring and automated alerting for CPC services in the cloud as well as the containerized instances of these services in all US based stores
- Collaborate with SRT colleagues stationed outside the US to provide 24x7 coverage
- Collaborate with and assist CPC development teams with production issue and defect resolution
- Bachelor of Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science
- • 5+ years’ experience with Java SE/EE programming language
- 1 year experience designing technical solutions in response to customer requests or changes in retail business.
- 2 years' experience designing, leading, and implementing technology projects.
- 1+ years’ experience with Java Spring Framework
- 1+ years’ experience with cloud based technology and deployments (OneOps, Azure, etc.)
- 1+ years’ experience with container-based deployments; Docker and Kubernetes
- 2+ years’ experience with database management and support (Maria, Cassandra, Mongo, etc.)
- 2+ years' experience in production support, including problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer and vendor relations.
- 2+ years experience troubleshooting network infrastructure problems.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts