Software Engineer 3 - Tech - Stability & Release Management Engineer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1248899BR
What you'll do at
- Assists in providing guidance to small groups of two to three engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Manages small to large-sized complex projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
The Stability & Release Management team is an operational engineering development team for Point-of-Sale’s (POS) legacy and next-generation Cloud Powered Checkout (CPC) services. Adhering to the SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) philosophy, our objectives are to increase stability and maintain performance in the Legacy POS and CPC environments, manage production code deployments across the global chain of stores, design and develop tools to assist support teams in maintaining these services in production, evolve and maintain monitoring/automation frameworks for proactive engagement by support teams, and assist legacy POS and CPC development teams with production issues and root cause analysis.
Stability & Release Management Engineers have the following expectations/roles:
- Manage Software and Configuration releases for legacy POS and CPC systems.
- Support legacy POS systems in production ensuring stability across stores globally
- Monitor release rollout to stores ensuring stable, high performing and high-quality deployments.
- Design and develop operational support tools for all levels of support teams
- Implement coding changes within a wide variety of applications and services using a diverse technology stack, including C/C++, Java, Spring Framework, Node.JS, Docker, Kubernetes, SQL/NoSQL databases, etc.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise with newer technology paradigms such as Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Microservice Architecture (MSA), multitenant architecture, etc.
- Support and maintain monitoring and automated alerting for CPC services in the cloud as well as the containerized instances of these services in all US based stores
- Collaborate with colleagues stationed outside the US to provide 24x7 coverage
- Collaborate with and assist legacy POS & CPC development teams with production issue and defect resolution
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years experience in software engineering or related field.
- Masters degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience with C/C++
- 2+ years’ experience with Unix or Linux.
- 1+ years’ experience with Jenkins or Looper
- 1+ years’ experience with Java Spring Framework
- 1+ years’ experience with cloud-based technology and deployments (OneOps, Azure, etc.)
- 2+ years’ experience in production support, including problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer/vendor relations
- 2+ years’ experience troubleshooting network infrastructure problems.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts