MBA Product Management Internship – Summer 2019
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function Internship
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1248606BR
What you'll do at
We are looking for a strategic Product Management Intern to help drive the development of eCommerce features, innovate on new ways to shop, foster a customer-centric environment, and create the ultimate user experience to empower our customers, members, and business owners to save money and time so they can live better.
The product management role offers the opportunity to:
• Work with a scrum team of user researchers, user experience designers, engineers and other stakeholders to define a product vision and to execute on the strategy, continuously prioritizing our backlog to ensure that customers’ primary needs are accounted for, that business objectives are met and, that technical feasibility is considered.
Your primary role is:
• To bridge the gap between the customer, our business and our technology. You will carefully track the key business metrics and behavioral analytics to continuously and iteratively improve our customers’ experience and business results.
In addition to your specific assignment, you will:
• Connect with executives, learn advanced skills, and network at social events such as Intern Olympics and other social outings.
• Smart students who are out to change the world!
• Customer-focus and even obsession. The customer comes first at Walmart, always.
• Grit to persevere through setbacks and difficulties and still deliver great solutions to the customer.
• MBA from a nationally recognized, top-tier program with a focus in general management, marketing, entrepreneurship, finance, or strategy.
• 3 or more years of professional work experience in retail, eCommerce, product, consulting, military or quantitative and strategic roles. That said, candidates with unorthodox backgrounds are encouraged to apply, so if you spent your pre-MBA career leading tours through the Himalayas, do apply!
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deal with ambiguity.
• A strategic critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills and strong business acumen.
• Communication skills with emphasis on influencing senior leaders and leading multiple teams.
• Extreme attention to detail.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents