Director, Product Management – Omnichannel Customer Experience
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Product Management - Technology
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1245473BR
What you'll do at
This role requires a passion for understanding customer behaviors, service design, mobile and human/computer interaction to maximize impact. The right leader brings deep knowledge of the product management process, previous experience crafting end-to-end experiences for the customer and an unending passion for helping both Walmart and the customer succeed.
You will have regular exposure to Walmart’s eCommerce and Stores leadership and your ability to influence and communicate will be critical. The reward for impact in this role is large: you’ll design and ship industry leading products, gain a full cross-functional understanding of our omnichannel businesses and can grow into a strategic senior leader within our company.
Is this you?
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• You will develop a clear understanding of how Walmart operationalizes its Omnichannel Strategy. You will partner with associates at all levels of the organization from entry level to SVP+
• You will create products that reach our 140M customers that shop our 5,000 stores every week, with direct impact on our P&Ls and customer experience
• You will lead multiple Product Managers who are launching and scaling mobile products that define tomorrow’s Walmart, with a specific focus on elevating the in-store experience
• You will lead and develop dedicated and talented team members across multiple geographies (primarily San Bruno, CA/Sunnyvale, CA, Bentonville, AR and Portland, OR) and channels (Stores, Mobile, Web).
• You’ll create a clear point of view on how Product can make our omnichannel services more effective and positively benefit our customer
• You’ll work closely with Design, Engineering, Analytics and business partners to maximize the impact and velocity of your efforts; you must be comfortable guiding initiatives in a matrixed environment
• Experience defining a platform strategy
• High level of experience with analytical approaches and quantitative methods as well as using customer insights and competitive research identify and validate product opportunities
• Understand the importance of design and user research and how both fit into building new processes and deploying new technologies
• Experience building and scaling mobile and omnichannel products
• Action oriented, independent, self-starter comfortable working in an unstructured, fast paced environment
• Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive products and competing priorities simultaneously with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
• Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills
• BA/BS degree, with 6+ years of experience managing product teams and delivering on time product solutions for internal stakeholders
• Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents