Director, Chief Data Officer - Business Intelligence
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Project and Program Management - Technology
- Job Function Project and Program Management – Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1242203BR
What you'll do at
Fundamental interactions will also exist with the Chief Data Officer team and the leaders driving our Change, Talent, Communications and Operational transformation teams.
The Director, Transformation Intelligence (CDO) will report to the VP - Change, Talent, Communications and Operations.
About the Data Strategy and Enablement Organization:
Our organization focuses on the fundamentals of change management—practices concentrate on leadership, employee engagement, talent strategy, operating model transformation, communications and execution rigor. We empower our business to leverage data to fuel growth, driving revenue in our core and building new business model opportunities. Change management today requires Walmart to elevate the level of active leadership, move at a faster pace, include employees in decision-making, and ingrain new behaviors. As a leader within the broader Global Data Organization, you’ll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to establish the KPI's and strategic intelligence required to baseline current performance, understand opportunities and accelerate the organization's ability to deliver innovation at Walmart scale. You’ll work in a close partnership with CDO leaders, transformation leaders, scientists, product managers, data stewards, analyst, engineering and platforms teams to ensure we have the data, intelligence and insights required to transform the enterprise through any set of constraints.
- Design the CDO’s transformation intelligence strategy and roadmap. The intelligence strategy will pursue an understanding of internal and external perceptions of our brand, operating model alignment, current, and future talent requirements, the adoption of strategic technology platforms, and our alignment with investment priorities. The strategy will also articulate overall KPI's and establish the monitoring systems required to guide our performance against the plan.
- Develop a clear understanding of the data required (type and quality) to drive business decisions and work with data stewards and product teams to align on data quality and availability requirements.
- Perform initial exploratory analysis, utilizing SQL and Business Intelligence tools
- Present key insights to domain leadership to support decision-making and identify next steps to drive to action
- Deliver dashboards and custom reports to support specific decisions, identifying opportunities to automate where possible
- Develop clear communication on data used and analysis conducted to arrive at insights
- Collaborate with internal and external organizations as needed to put together the data and analytics necessary to drive strategic initiatives, identifying interdependencies with other domains and functions
- Ensure business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current data & analytics initiatives
- Seek out, implement and evangelize best practices internally and to external data community events
- Develop and drive clear, iterative roadmaps in a highly matrixed environment across the overall enterprise and data value chains.
- Demonstrate a passion for details with the ability to ideate and problem solve actively with business leaders, product, science, and engineering stakeholders
- Leverage knowledge of data and software development best practices in a highly interconnected and iterative environment, applying recommendations to team organization and roadmap development to drive efficiency and transparency.
- Demonstrate strong command of workflows and operationally excellence to ensure efficiency in solution development and clean integration with business practices
- Develop a view of ROI/Business value created considering resource and expenses against business value created.
- Be a center of excellence in the clarity of alignment and communication to all levels of the organization.
Who you are:
- You have excellent analysis and critical reasoning skills with a strong focus on execution
- You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
- You are curious: You like to understand the “why” behind your work and behind the business problems that you’re exploring, and are comfortable expressing complex ideas
- You are pragmatic and focused on results: You like working in a fast-paced environment and making practical trade-offs to deliver timely analysis
- You are bold with a bias for action: Nebulous, undefined problems don’t scare you, and you’re a doer – we’re as interested in what pieces of analysis of yours have yielded unexpected results as we are in what problems you’ve successfully solved
- You are a team player, with the courage to drive change through disruption while maintaining respect for the team
- You possess strong collaboration skills and approach problems with positive intent while driving towards resolution
- You can simplify strategy and data into simple actions
- You empower and inspire your colleagues and teammates to take action and embrace the mindset that, "Everything will be made better."
- You have a healthy balance of business and technical acumen and can apply these in real-world activities.
- 10+ years of professional experience in data-intensive companies, in roles that required strategic thinking and using data to drive insights
- Strong SQL skills with experience in querying large data sets; Demonstrable familiarity with programming concepts and experience with Python are preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong ability to actively participate in project planning and scoping; robust experience with agile methodologies and tools
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline. Master’s degree preferred
- Previous roles with leading companies in the retail industry are a plus
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a focus on goals while exhibiting personal integrity and a focus on the customer
- Proven ability to drive results, especially in a matrixed or influence based environment
- Strong relationship building skills, coupled with high business acumen
- Good working knowledge of the value of delivering insights through data and analytics.
- Detail oriented leader with an ability to work, develop, and think at a strategic level.
Additionally, the appetite to work with the teams to dig into data, processes, issues, to identify the root-cause problems and remedies is a very desirable strength.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts