2019 MBA Summer Intern - Health & Wellness Strategy
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area -
- Job Function Healthcare - Other
- Employment Type Internship
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1240248BR
What you'll do at
The Role: During the summer internship program, you will be put in-charge of leading a key strategic project that will have visibility with our senior H&W leadership team. You will report to Mike Walsh (Director, Operations Improvement) for day-to-day activities, but, project dependent, may also report directly to one of our senior leaders. Some of the potential areas for your project may include (but are not limited to): strategy development for our existing business units (pharmacy, vision, clinics), mergers & acquisitions, partnership development, operations improvement, patient experience, data and analytics, care model / clinical excellence, etc.; during the interview process, we will ask you to submit a preference for the type of project that you want to work on and will do our best to meet your request
If you are a strong performer during the summer, our intent is to extend you a full time offer after your 10 week internship.
• Proficient in Microsoft PPT (required)
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel with financial modeling and business case and/or valuation development (preferred)
• A team player with a strong work ethic
• Ability to work with senior leadership to prioritize items, address barriers, and make cross-functional decisions
• Ability to lead teams and influence decision-makers
• Current MBA and/or MPH student
• Prior work experience in corporate strategy, management consulting, or investment banking (strongly preferred)
• Health care industry experience (required)
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents