Manager-Transportation Network Design
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Supply Chain and Logistics
- Job Function Transportation
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1238889BR
What you'll do at
• Assess ROI and achievable Transportation performance by building simple models using available data
• Recommend key analysis and metrics which will help assess the viability of mid-term strategies
• Review research and analysis performed by Transportation Analysts while strategizing network design
To successfully implement strategies, the candidate must collaborate with Fulfillment Centers (FCs), Field Operations, Industrial Engineers, Carrier Partners, Procurement Partners, Product Teams etc. (40%)
• Educate Fulfillment Center leadership and Field operators about the impact of intended strategies
• Work with Industrial Engineers, Procurement Partners and Product and Systems Teams to ensure the successful implementation of strategies
• Work with External Carriers to build a state of the art Outbound Transportation Network for Walmart eCommerce
Once a strategy is implemented the Transportation Strategy Manager must continually assess the financial and operational viability of the Strategy. Making sure that the Customer goals continue to be met is key to success of the Strategy (20%)
• Empower field operators to be successful at day-to-day management of implemented strategies. Ensure seamless transition from a Pilot phase to sustainable operations
• Continually assess the impact on Transportation metrics like Cost, Customer Promise and On-time delivery and make decisions on financial and operational viability
• Communicate impact of implemented Strategy to Senior Leadership
To be successful in this role a candidate must
• Show flexibility while going through a problem solving process
• Negotiate well with internal and external partners to achieve win-win outcomes
• Understand Transportation KPIs and the extent to which different strategies will impact each KPI
• Be data driven and collaborate with Transportation Analysts
2. At least 5 years full-time experience OR a Master's Degree + 3 to 4 years full-time experience
3. Experience with Statistical Softwares like R, SAS, etc.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents