Dairy Automation Control Tech
- Location FORT WAYNE, IN
- Career Area Distribution Centers
- Job Function Warehousing - Hourly
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1238763BR
What you'll do at
- Assist other maintenance technicians in the repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Complete work orders, records, logs and other written or computer based documents according to established procedures.
- Demonstrates, promotes, and supports compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Develops, communicates, and implements processes and practices to meet business needs
- Diagnose refrigeration and electrical problems using technical drawings (for example, blueprints, electronic/mechanical schematics) and diagnostic tools (for example, multi meter, laptop)
- Leads and participates in teams
- Operate material handling equipment, battery equipment, moving machinery, and other powered equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on equipment (for example, lift trucks, pneumatic systems, material handling equipment, hydraulic equipment, dock equipment, banana room equipment, electronic and electrical equipment, etc.) according to procedures.
- Troubleshoot and repair complex electrical/electronic problems with equipment, networks, logic controls, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and external Input/Output (I/O) devices where the repair is not immediately visible or obvious.
- Coursework or certification in electronic technology and 2 years' industrial maintenance experience specializing in electronic technology (including troubleshooting and repairing automated equipment) OR 3 years' industrial maintenance experience specializing in electronic technology (including troubleshooting and repairing automated equipment)
- 3 years' of experience in pneumatics, electrical, conveyor systems and hydraulics
- 4 years' of maintenance experience in food, manufacturing environment and maintenance of processing and packaging equipment
- Associate's Degree in electronic technology AND 2 years industrial maintenance experience specializing in electronic technology (including troubleshooting and repairing automated equipment)
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents