Senior Manager II Software Engineering - Cost & Negotiations
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1236460BR
What you'll do at
The Merchant Tech organization is standing up a new team to develop Cost & Negotiation solutions for our merchants. This is a greenfield startup and our teams are agile and cloud-native. We learn from each other every day. We have a startup culture and are looking to grow our team with individuals who take pride in their craft and are ready to grow in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
As a Senior Manager II, you will:
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Supports business objectives and ensures business needs are being met
- Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Leads the discovery phase of large projects to develop high level design
- Leads the work of cross-functional groups of ten to twenty engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering OR PhD
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, energy, perseverance and the desire to solve big problems
- Ability to work in a results-oriented, rapidly changing, dynamic and fast-paced environment and the ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication, follow-up and presentation skills
- Ability to contribute to high level design discussions and drive problems to closure
- Experience in agile delivery
- Proven track record of leading top priority projects with a high level of complexity
- History of fostering strong cross-functional relationships between engineering, product, and business stakeholders
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents