Area Mgr Safety (T)-LOGS
- Location PORTERVILLE, CA
- Career Area Distribution Centers
- Job Function Warehousing - Management
- Employment Type Salaried FT
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1221073BR
What you'll do at
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Facilitates and ensures compliance with Federal Drug and Alcohol testing requirements along with company post-accident and injury testing policies
- Manages daily fleet safety office operations
- Monitors driver performance and necessary documentation to ensure compliance with the Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, including maintaining the qualifications of all drivers assigned to the Transportation Office
- Monitors driver performance and necessary documentation to ensure overall compliance with the Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, including maintaining the qualification of all drivers assigned to the Transportation Office (TO)
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Associates Degree with 1 year supervisory experience OR 2 years Wal-Mart Transportation or CSAP experience OR 2 years in a Safety related supervisory position OR 2 year of experience as a Wal-Mart Fleet Safety associate and recent verified experience supervising, evaluating, mentoring, or developing employees OR 1 year of experience as a Walmart Truck Driver with related course work and recent verified experience supervising, evaluating, mentoring, or developing employees.
- Valid state issued driver s license.
- 1 year Microsoft Office experience.
- 1 year experience in DOT compliance, OSHA, HAZMAT or accident investigation.
- 2 or more years supervisory experience in the Transportation Safety or Compliance industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in Transportation Safety or related course work and 1 year Transportation Operations or Safety experience.
- Certification in North American Transportation Management Institute (NATMI) courses (for example, Certified Safety Supervisor - CSS, Certified Director of Safety CDS, Certified Driver Trainer-CDT).
- Class A Commercial Driver s License (CDL).
- Other industry specific safety certification programs.
- Regulatory/Accident Investigation Experience.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents