Staff Pharmacist - Specialty Pharmacy
- Location ORLANDO, FL
- Career Area Pharmacy
- Job Function Healthcare - Pharmacy
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1218067BR
What you'll do at
- Troubleshoots prescriptions by correcting legal, clinical, financial, and physical filling issues; and taking corrective action to resolve exceptions (for example, missed counts, incorrect labels or product).
- Provides direction and guidance to pharmacy technicians by ensuring proper management of pharmaceutical equipment and inventory; delegating and directing daily duties; and ensuring standard operating procedures are followed.
- Maintains and tracks medication inventory by reporting low stock levels; ensuring stock rotation on a first-in, first-out basis to assist in shrinkage control; processing recalls and expired medications; performing inventory cycle counts; assisting with physical counts for annual inventories; and creating reports using inventory information systems.
- Performs visual verification of prescriptions by ensuring prescription details are clinically and legally accurate; verifying medication quantities; and ensuring proper directions, patient, doctor, refill, auxiliary label, and packaging information are included with prescriptions.
- Assists in the management of patient medication therapy and/or service coordination by ensuring the responsible provision of drug therapy; and ensuring overall patient treatment profiles are appropriate.
- Obtains and successfully renews multiple state pharmacist permits/registrations/licenses and training as necessary, in the appropriate time-frame, to meet board of pharmacy regulations, payer requests or internal needs for the provision of services to our patients.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
- Licensed as a pharmacist in good standing in state of practice.
- 1 year experience using and maintaining automated medication counting machines.
- 2 years experience working as a licensed pharmacist in a hospital.
- 2 years experience working as a licensed pharmacist in a retail environment.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents