Operations Analyst 3 - Technology
- Location RESTON, VA
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1217567BR
What you'll do at
- The Operations/Production Support Analyst will plan, perform, and manage medium/complex production support tasks and activities which require deep subject matter knowledge of business processes or specific applications in addition to knowledge regarding general application and infrastructure support (incident, change, problem management, controls, monitoring production processing) and ITIL framework.
- Monitors the applications, systems and hardware in the processing environment for abnormal processing conditions.
- Deploys code and performs smoke testing and conducts performance testing in various environments.
- Troubleshoots technical issues with Development and Quality Assurance and assists teams with resolution of issues.
- Maintains the scheduling system and procedures for the processing environment.
- Works on planning and execution of change, problem, incidents, production processes, controls and service requests
- Researches and resolves user problems as well as issues and problems with software systems, operations processing, and assigned processing environments.
- When solving a system problem, makes effective use of tools and resources to solve the problem.
- Utilizes manuals, write-ups and other tools as an aid in solving the problem and contributes to the body of knowledge by adding solutions and other information that would be useful to others.
- Follows escalation procedures, when appropriate, to resolve processing problems and user problems in a timely manner and meet service levels and other standards for the job.
- Subject matter expertise in general application and infrastructure support (incident, change, problem management, controls, monitoring production processing) and ITIL framework, knowledge management system, contract metrics and SLAs, Remedy, Service Now and JIRA
- Familiar with identifying and using tools, technology, or processes that will improve the overall processing environment or processing efficiency.
- Maintains the operations support disaster recovery/business continuity plans for the assigned processing environments.
- Coordinates and conducts disaster recovery testing as required, documents test results, and documents modifications required for future testing.
- 5 years Service Desk experience or equivalent
- Bachelor of Science and 3 years operations analyst experience OR 5 years operations analyst experience.
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience working on teams responsible for deploying code, performing smoke testing and performance testing
- Experience utilizing containerization applications such as Docker
- Experience with Kubernetes, Azure, and/or similar products preferred
- Experience with Splunk preferred
- Ability to effectively use production control tools and resources
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels of the organization or that of clients (e.g., executive, management. individual contributors)
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
About Walmart Labs
Hello, D.C. Metro
National landmarks, museums, renowned restaurants—the D.C. Metro is a hub of activity and culture. It’s also a prime location for the future of tech.Discover D.C. Metro
The Lincoln Memorial
"In this temple, as in the hearts of the people for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever."
The National Mall
A symbol of freedom and equality, millions visit the Mall annually to relax, enjoy its beauty, visit its museums and find voice.
Escape for a hike in the great outdoors at Great Falls, where the Potomac River spills over steep, jagged rocks through the picturesque Mather Gorge.
Air and Space
Companion to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on the Mall, the Udvar-Hazy Center displays thousands of aviation and space artifacts.
Wolf Trap National Park
This 117-acre park is a majestic natural setting for performances, dining and year-round recreational opportunities like hiking and sledding.
Fishing, boating, campgrounds, mini train, carousel, volleyball courts, golf course, disk golf, snack shop, picnic areas, playgrounds and mini-golf!
Reston Town Center
Shopping, dining, ice-skating and events in a beautiful setting in the heart of Reston.
The final resting place for more than 400,000 active duty service members, veterans and their families, honoring their service to our country.
City of Alexandria
Once among the 10 busiest ports in America, the city's historic character still remains; beautiful 18th- and 19th-century buildings line the Old Town.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts