Quality Control Manager – Gas City, IN
- Location GAS CITY, IN
- Career Area Legal, Compliance and Ethics
- Job Function Quality Assurance and Safety
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1217273BR
What you'll do at
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Oversees Seafood Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) plan
- Oversees Walmart's fruit ripening program
- Oversees cold chain compliance within the distribution center to ensure products are kept at proper temperature
- Oversees communication on product quality to the distribution center
- Oversees quality, freshness, and food safety of grocery products in a distribution center as they flow from suppliers through distribution centers to stores and clubs
- Prepares distribution center overhead budget
- Provides recommendations to improve the quality of perishable products
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- 1 year's of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor s degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Food Science, or related field and 2 years' experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field OR 4 years' experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field.
- 1 year's experience in food safety or related field.
- 2 years' experience using basic Microsoft Office functionality (for example, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- 2 years' fruit ripening experience.
- 6 years' experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents