Senior Product Manager – Growth & Customer Data Platforms
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Product Management - Technology
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1216707BR
What you'll do at
Our current customer data platform incorporates billions of data points from offline and online channels and serves customer profiles and audience segmentation data for numerous marketing, personalization, and analytics outcomes. We have stellar product leaders on the team you’ll work side-by-side with. The growth engineering team you’ll work with has made significant contributions to open source and has tremendous big data and machine learning expertise.
Come join an organization where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute significant impact by solving problems at a scale only available to a few entities in the world!
● Assess opportunities for leveraging and extending our growth platforms to solve personalization, marketing, measurement, and experimentation problems company-wide.
● Own vision, strategy, prioritization, and execution for our customer data platform in partnership with a team of data scientists and engineers.
● Build internal partnerships and influence. Scaling our growth platforms and delivering a consistent, personalized customer experience requires teamwork across many job functions and levels.
● While you will be a valuable contributor to many cross-company efforts, particular emphasis will be on how we create a single view of our customers (offline and online identities, attributes, ML models) and utilize that refined asset to grow the business and provide customer benefit.
● Be a subject matter expert on the flow and uses of customer data across the company, from data capture to processing to analytics and personalization. You will need to communicate at different altitudes, from compelling high-level framings that teach and influence C-level executives down to low level details that make you a key partner for other product managers and architects.
● Facilitate and contribute to architecture discussions.
● Drive buy versus build decisions and creative hybrid approaches.
● Contribute to the cohesion and skillset of our product management community.
● Create and collaborate with others on initiatives that build a culture of data.
● 5+ years experience in product management, business consulting, or related field .
● Ability to establish shared vision in the face of ambiguity and drive cross-functional teams to regular outcomes.
● Bold thinker and influencer. We’re looking for someone in this role who generates novel ideas and can energize others to join in the journey.
● Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
● Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and generate and evaluate new opportunities with internal and external partners.
● Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with both business and technical professionals.
● Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to craft and deliver messages at all levels of granularity, from executive pitches and persuasive 6-pagers (memos/whitepapers) to functional architecture diagrams and implementation requirements.
● Comfortable defining and owning the accountability related to a portfolio of work which contains both incremental gains and game-changing big bets.
● Experience driving large cross-organizational projects with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
● Understand data capabilities necessary for various types of online personalization.
● Experience designing, implementing, or guiding teams to implement data lakes and data pipelines with tools such as Kafka, Kafka Streams, Spark, Apache Beam, and similar technologies in public cloud platforms.
● Experience with one or more of eCommerce, AdTech, MarTech, big data, or machine learning.
● Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, etc. degree or equivalent background in rigorous technical problem solving.
● MBA or equivalent experience driving business strategy.
● 4+ years of experience in product management or a combination of product, engineering, and data roles.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents