- Location CONWAY, AR
- Career Area -
- Job Function Internship
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1216296BR
What you'll do at
- A Data Scientist is responsible for analyzing large data sets to develop custom models and algorithms to drive business solutions. Data Scientists work on project teams in order to provide analytical support to projects (for example, email targeting, business optimization, consumer recommendations) for Walmart eCommerce. Data Scientists are responsible for building large data sets from multiple sources in order to build algorithms for predicting future data characteristics. Those algorithms will be tested, validated, and applied to large data sets. Data Scientists are responsible for training the algorithms so they can be applied to future data sets and provide the appropriate search results. Data Scientists are responsible for researching new trends in the industry and utilizing up-to-date technology (for example, HBase, MapReduce, LAPack, Gurobi) and analytical skills to support their assigned project.
- Build complex data sets from multiple data sources, both internally and externally.
- Build learning systems to analyze and filter continuous data flows and offline data analysis.
- Combine data features to determine search models.
- Conduct advanced statistical analysis to determine trends and significant data relationships.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Develop custom data models to drive innovative business solutions.
- Develop models of current state in order to determine needed improvements.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Research new techniques and best practices within the industry.
- Scale new algorithms to large data sets.
- Train algorithms to apply models to new data sets.
- Utilize system tools including (MySQL, Hadoop, Weka, R, Matlab,ILog).
- Validate models and algorithmic techniques.
- Work with cross-functional partners across the business
Please add text
Please add text
About Walmart Labs
Imagine working in an environment where one experiment can catapult an entire industry toward a smarter future. That’s what we do at Walmart Labs. We’re a team of 5,000+ software engineers, data scientists, designers and product managers within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and our enterprise operates.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts