Senior Data Scientist (GEC11902)
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function Internship
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1213527BR
What you'll do at
- Proficient in machine learning and data mining packages in R, Python, or Weka.
- Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, or Spark).
- Expertise with shell scripting and automation.
- Capabilities of managing end-to-end machine learning pipeline from data exploration, feature engineering, model building, performance evaluation, and online testing with big data set.
- Experience with reporting tools such as Tableau and D3.js.
- PhD in Computer Science, Statistics or related field; OR a Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Statistics or related field and 2 years of related experience.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, iterative development environment.
- Exemplary communication skills, ability to work with large cross functional teams of technical and non-technical members.
- Experience with ETL and Data-Warehouse.
- Prior experience in eCommerce or Online Retail.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts