- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Supply Chain and Logistics
- Job Function Transportation
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1213478BR
What you'll do at
- Ensuring faster and on-time delivery of orders to members by leveraging national and regional carriers
- Managing carrier performance and SLAs; oversee carrier contract agreement and billing concerns.
- Managing profit and loss (P&L) performance of transportation division; creating annual operating and capital budgets; monthly expense reporting.
- Leveraging data and advanced analytics to monitor and improve transportation zones, order splits, lost in shipping etc. to drive high performance and meet KPI goals.
- Leading execution of cost saving initiatives; developing solutions for operational concerns; and providing technical expertise on fleet operations to support management.
- Supporting overall design and business requirements of online order sourcing engine and other data visibility tools to ensure fastest possible delivery while optimizing transportation costs.
- Optimization of last mile delivery options for cost efficiency, faster delivery as well as enabling a true Omni-channel experience for the customers.
- Developing a highly skilled and engaged team; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Developing future transporation strategy that enables reliable omni channel fulfillment providing Same Day, Next day and 2 Day speeds for our members
Bachelor's degree in Business or related field and 10 years of experience in Supply Chain Management (e.g., Industrial Engineering, Transportation, Logistics) or related field OR 15 years of experience in Supply Chain Management or related field. 5 years supervisory experience.
Expertise in data analytics and modeling.
5 years of experience in transportation leadership roles.
Product management experience.
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
Domestic travel is necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents