Senior Manager Internal Communication
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Corporate Affairs and Communications
- Job Function Corporate Affairs and Communications
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1212805BR
What you'll do at
This person will be responsible for optimizing internal communications across multiple channels to align and inspire employees as Walmart changes the way America shops.
Shares the Walmart story with our most important stakeholders. Drives acceleration of multiple business plans and projects. Leads digital channels and content. Manages multi-brand portfolio.
Supports employees Communications strategies, processes, and best practices
• Leads effective communication platform and content strategy to align and empower employees at all levels; empowering and rallying employees
• Optimizes internal communication content and channels to reach a broad base of employees across multiple geographic regions, teams and brands
• Establishes metrics to analyzes channel engagement and understand audiences
• Takes an innovative approach to explore emerging platforms and technologies
• Defines channel guidelines, protocols and best practice
• Owns internal channel ecosystem, including newsletters, email notifications, digital signage and online portals
• Builds an awesome narrative that rallies employees behind the Walmart mission and strengthens internal culture
• Produces major internal events that connect employees
• Collaborates with communicators across Walmart Inc. to develop successful engagement strategies and campaigns, align messages and maximize efficiencies
Enables acceleration of business initiatives
• Communicates business plans and priorities with relevancy and urgency
• Provides communication support and counsel to senior leaders and business partners
• Takes an active role in announcements, PR campaigns, business initiatives and other confidential projects
The Senior Manager leads internal communication channel content and strategy to align and inspire thousands of employees across multiple brands within Walmart’s rapidly growing U.S. eCommerce business.
• Uses creative and strategic thinking to develop high impact communication that helps employee prioritize and focus
• Collaborates with cross-functional teams, nurtures key relationships and navigates large scale organization to move past barriers and deliver performance
• Serves as employee voice and culture champion
•5 years of experience in corporate communications, digital communication, public relations, or related field.
1 year s supervisory experience or experience leading cross-functional teams.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents