Maintenance Multi Skilled Technician 11pm-7am Monday-Friday
- Location CRAWFORDSVILLE, IN
- Career Area Distribution Centers
- Job Function Warehousing - Hourly
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition 1210699BR
What you'll do at
- Assist and train other maintenance technicians in the repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Assist in the usage and disposal of hazardous materials and waste (for example, optical coating waste, optical alloy waste, petroleum products, pharmaceutical waste) according to company policies and procedures.
- Clean and maintain equipment, tools and work area.
- Communicate with Customers, suppliers and other Wal-Mart associates
- Complete work orders, records, logs and other written or computer-based documents according to established procedures.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Maintain and repair building facilities ((i.e., plumbing, construction, painting).
- Manage projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Operate material handling equipment, battery equipment, moving machinery, and other powered equipment.
- Perform preventive, basic and advanced maintenance and repairs on equipment (for example, production equipment, lift trucks, pneumatic systems, material handling equipment, hydraulic equipment, dock equipment, electronic and electrical equipment, HVAC units), facility and grounds according to procedures.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Read, understand and develop technical drawings (for example, blueprints, hydraulic/pneumatic/electronic/mechanical schematics) to repair, maintain and upgrade equipment.
- Research and contact suppliers to make needed repairs or upgrades on production and support equipment.
- Troubleshoot complex mechanical/electrical/electronic problems with optical equipment, logic controls, and programmable logic controllers (PLCs), where the repair is not immediately visible or obvious.
- 5 years of experience repairing/maintaining optical, pharmaceutical, mechanical or electrical equipment in an industrial setting and experience working with blueprints, schematics, and equipment manuals OR course work or certification in welding, electrical, mechanical, or industrial electronics and 2 years of experience repairing/maintaining optical, pharmaceutical, mechanical or electrical equipment in an industrial setting and experience working with blueprints, schematics, and equipment manuals AND previous experience in a construction, industrial, production or manufacturing environment.
- American Board of Opticianry (ABO) certification
- Associate's Degree in an Applied Technology field (for example, electronics, mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, industrial maintenance, industrial technologies)
- Both 7 years of experience repairing/maintaining optical, pharmaceutical, mechanical or electrical equipment in an industrial setting and experience working with blueprints, schematics, and equipment manuals
- Completion of course work in the following areas (General Print Reading, Introduction to Electronics, Introduction to Electricity, Centrifugal and Positive Displacement Pumps, Fundamentals of Digital Electronics) and completion of course work in the following areas (Applied Digital Electronics, Alternating Current (AC) Circuits, Direct Current (DC) Circuits, Motors and Transformers, Solid State Theory, Electrical Print Reading, Mechanical Print Reading, Process and Instrumentation Drawings)
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents