Principal Software Engineer
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1208741BR
What you'll do at
• Work closely with Engineering Managers, Tech Leads, Software Engineers, Product Managers and business teams to architect technology solutions to meet the business and technology vision.
• Participate in the discovery phase of complex cross functional projects to come up with creative solutions to highly complex problems, work on high level design covering cross functional systems.
• Achieve a deep knowledge of our product architecture, usage patterns, and real world scenarios in order to better understand what solutions will bring value to our customers.
• Collaborate with members of our team to design and create comprehensive end-to-end user workflows.
• Follow the engineering best practices.
• Improve technology agility using Service Oriented Architecture, Micro services, Behavior driven development, Machine learning, CI/CD, every day code push to production etc. Implement highly scalable micro services with low latency and high throughput.
• Provide hands on expertise to engineers and team members.
• Keep abreast of new technologies and use them to solve the business problems effectively.
• Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
• Collaborate with other Principal engineers and wider engineering leadership community to help establish technical standards, drive overall technical architecture, engineering practices, and engineering methodologies
• Facilitate technical design reviews, ensuring adherence to architectural standards, and consistency across organizational and design boundaries.
• Identify necessary non-functional requirements (performance, security, reusability, and operational concerns).
• Comply with company policies and procedures and support company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Minimum 12 years of hands-on experience in software development using Java and Java based ecosystem
• Extensive experience building applications and services using standard languages, technologies and frameworks - Java EE, Spring, XML/JSON, JMS, REST, NoSql, Big Data, Cache etc.
• Minimum 5 years of experience Leading Technical Developments
• Possess expert knowledge in performance, large scale distributed system scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices
• The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader and would lead multiple simultaneous product development work and be able to make the right technology choices for the complex business and technical problems while constantly striving for simplicity, creativity.
• Experience with functional and reactive programming for web, mobile and backend services
• Experience with SOA, Object Oriented Design, various design patterns, Micro services, Behavior driven development, CI/CD.
• Experience with NoSQL, RDBMS and Big Data technologies
• Strong aptitude for writing efficient and maintainable code.
• Minimum 3 years experience working with Agile software development methodologies
• Experience in distributed/scalable systems. Ability to design high performance applications/services
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms and data structures.
• Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups.
• Experience in conducting POCs using emerging technologies.
• Experience in mentoring team members and associates.
• Experience in cloud based technologies.
• Full stack development experience.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts