Senior Manager II, Design (Entertainment)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area UX Design
- Job Function User Experience and Design (UX/UI)
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1203671BR
What you'll do at
The Verticals team is part of a broader e-commerce strategy to enhance the customer value proposition, including: Offering customers low prices and convenient ways of getting the items they buy every day, like food and consumables; Offering a vastly expanded assortment while building expertise in key long-tail categories, like apparel and home.
In this role, you will lead a team of designers as they imagine and implement useful and delightful new experiences for our customers. You will help millions of people to live better as they save both time and money
• Provide overall strategic leadership for design activities across multiple products within the Design and Product teams.
• Mentor and develop a high performing team of designers and leverage their expertise within our design and product process to improve customer outcomes and business performance.
• Deploy a broad understanding of emerging technologies and design practices to isolate problems and generate solutions.
• Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in digital trends and competitor innovations and apply this to designing a delightful customer experience for our customers.
• Help improve our design processes.
• Work closely with key stakeholders in Design, Product, Creative and Engineering on key business initiatives
• Prioritize complex workload effectively; regularly communicate clear timelines, status update and design requirements to internal customers at all levels, including senior leadership.
Key qualities required:
• Strong leadership and management experience.
• Advanced knowledge of design practices & prototyping practices, and current engineering methodologies.
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
• Recognized as a domain expert in design systems, with a proven ability to consistently transform complex user tasks into compelling, effective, and polished user experiences.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents