Senior Product Designer (Online Grocery)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area UX Design
- Job Function User Experience and Design (UX/UI)
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1202646BR
What you'll do at
We are looking for a talented Sr. Product Designer to join the world’s largest retailer in our mission to help people save time, money and live better. We leverage deep consumer insights to help us focus on key user needs in conjunction with new technology, our deep business expertise, and our years of customer trust to create simple, delightful and effortless shopping experiences.
Walmart.com teams work hand-in-hand with our technology arm, Walmart Labs, to deliver seamless experiences to our customers and associates.
We need your expertise to make an impact on our most strategic and important initiative within Walmart’s Global eCommerce Division: grocery. Your assignment will be to apply your deep knowledge of user experience design (research, conceptual design, service design, prototyping) to our core shopping experience. You will liaise with cross-functional teams across Business, Product, and Engineering to deliver experiences that bring delight to our customers. Ultimately, your passion to serve, and a growth mindset, will make you a valuable member of this cross-functional team, owning and crafting effective designs from top to bottom to create delightful and effective eCommerce experiences across multiple platforms.
The right fit is someone who is an advanced creative and strategic designer, passionate about building in the ecommerce space, who can jump in and make an immediate impact.
• Think conceptually – apply a user-centric approach to requirements and interdependencies to develop engaging interfaces
• Think visually – using techniques like storyboards and sketching to communicate interaction concepts
• Make design decisions based on good judgement, experience, research and data
• Have a real impact at scale through new product launches and incremental improvements that effect billions of our customers everyday
• Be part of a team of makers and foodies, dedicated to learning & collaborating to deliver a cohesive customer centered experience
• Delivered successful design for responsive web, iOS and Android
• A strong product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve for both business requirements and customer needs.
Other required qualifications:
• Track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows, dynamic engaging interfaces).
• Stellar visual skills
• Excellent grasp of design and process including Product/Interaction/Visual, with the know-how to move from pencil on paper to layout to pixel-perfect handoff using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
• Deep understanding of design thinking and industry trends.
• Good communication and presentation skills with ability to clearly present your work; you must be able to articulate and advocate design rationale.
• Readily give and receive constructive feedback.
• Experience partnering with cross functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.
• Experience building efficient scalable systems or in eCommerce
• Bachelor’s in Design, User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, Mass Communications or related field.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents