Senior Product Manager, Strategic Data Partnerships
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Product Management - Technology
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1199478BR
What you'll do at
This is an opportunity for a unique individual with a combination of deep technical experience with product sensibility. The position requires a love of working with partners and startups, nimble diplomacy, executive stakeholder management and creative story development, along with clear, concise communication skills across all levels including senior leadership. We are looking for someone who has solid product management experience, with strategic aptitude when it comes to data governance and optimization.
We are a high-performance team looking for others who will challenge us to become even better. Come join an organization where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute significant impact by solving problems at a scale available to only a few entities in the world. At Walmart eCommerce, the products you create are only bound by the scope of your imagination.
• Nexus of communication and planning between marketers, data scientists and engineers. Ability to lead each of these audiences with confidence and authority.
• Be the subject matter expert on marketing technology – including online instrumentation, tag management, data feeds with external partners and integration of tracking instrumentation across channels.
• Manage data feeds and own processes to create and activate 1st/2nd/3rd party data-based audiences; audit CDP / DMP & audience processes to ensure audience validity.
• Undertake tag architecture analysis and perform ongoing tag management & data governance.
• Participate in new technology review teams – e.g. DMP/DSP and agency RFI process; lead the implementation of new marketing technology or tools (e.g. website personalization).
• Undertake data analysis and validation and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
• Drive prioritization, strategy, and vision for a wide array of data and measurement platforms -- both third- and first-party.
• Influencing both internal and partner roadmaps and solutions, with equal ability to understand and influence business priorities as well as technical architecture.
• Communicating with precision, economy of expression and an innate ability to reduce complexity.
• Work with world class data science and data engineering teams in a fast paced, agile development process.
• Unlock data access for a variety of technical and non-technical teams.
• Develops and champions a product vision, strategy, and roadmap for a product area in support of corporate goals and objectives
• Ability to drive teams toward a shared vision with velocity and possess an indomitable bias toward action in the face of ambiguity.
• Proven experience in a Product Management role, as well as experience with DMP/DSP's.
• Deep experience measuring across the big ad tech platforms (including Facebook and Google).
• Able to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
• Ability to quickly establish credibility with software engineers and architects (C.S. degree or equivalent experience).
• Excellent communication skills. Ability to cater the messages to the audience including all levels of the organization (from executives to software engineers at implementation level).
• Comfortable defining and owning the accountability related to a portfolio of work which contains both incremental gains and game-changing big bets.
• Experience driving large cross-organizational projects with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Experience with GDPR and/or CCPA initiatives with large global organizations is a plus.
• Understanding the data underpinnings of what it takes to personalize experiences on the web (cookies, tying outbound marketing to adaptive experiences, tracking user state, etc.).
• Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience.
• Hands on work as a data engineer.
• Experience with eCommerce, AdTech or marketing technology is a big bonus.
• MBA or equivalent experience driving business solutions.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents