Sr Software Engineer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1199477BR
What you'll do at
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Has skills in the following areas: Supply Chain Logistics, Power Point, Infrastructure Systems Design such as Servers, Storage, Networking, Security, and Wireless Infrastructure
- Bachelor of Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science 2 years' experience in software engineering
• Experience in open systems infrastructure solution design and management
o Includes server, storage, networking, client devices
• Experience in critical line-of-business infrastructure design
• Experience in designing infrastructure for edge computing solutions
o Designing for autonomous site operations
• Experience in evaluating an existing business solution for troubleshooting purposes and/or to recommend process improvements
• Strong analytical skills to evaluate inputs from multiple levels (business, technical, financial, resources, etc.) in developing solution designs
• Strong understanding of compute resources, how they interact, and their interdependencies.
• Strong understanding of networking concepts (address spaces, subdomains, routing, access control mechanisms, etc.)
• Strong understanding of virtualization concepts
• Demonstrated understanding of basic security concepts
• Experience in providing infrastructure solutions in support of Supply Chain operations
• Experience in collaborating on design of physical facilities in support of compute solutions
o Physical layout
o Critical power/cooling
o Power distribution, network distribution, premises wiring
o Wireless Local Area Network coverage design
• Experience in integration of multiple disparate solutions.
• Application design/development/support experience is beneficial, especially experience in designing for critical edge computing needs
• Experience in x86 virtualization is a plus
• Experience in workload sharing mechanisms such as Grid, Cloud and Containers is a plus (infrastructure, management products, and application use)
• Experience with 3rd party materials handling solutions is a plus (infrastructure and application)
• Experience with 3rd party building management/building automation solutions is a plus (infrastructure and application)
• Experience and/or certification in Information Security is a plus.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents