Senior Director, Data and Analytics Change Management
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Project and Program Management - Technology
- Job Function Project and Program Management – Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1188786BR
What you'll do at
As part of the newly created Chief Data Officer organization, this role will be a key enabler of our journey to be the world’s leading data-driven retailer. As part of this transformation, we are seeking a leader to own the development of Walmart’s Data and Analytics enterprise operating model and lead our work to guide the organization through the transformation process. In this role, you will drive value though all omni-channel organizations and third-party partners, to design and implement consistently smarter and more effective organizations and practices.
Key interactions will also exist with Walmart’s business executives, the Chief Data Officer team and our technology teams to ensure alignment on process, roles and the talent required to deliver highly optimized solutions and services.
The Senior Director, Data and Analytics Change Management will report to the VP, Transformation, Communication and Operations.
About the Data Strategy and Enablement Organization:
Our organization focuses on the fundamentals of change management—practices focusing on leadership, employee engagement, talent strategy, operating model transformation, communications and executional rigor. We empower our business to leverage data to fuel growth, driving revenue in our core and building new business model opportunities. Change management today requires Walmart to elevate the level of active leadership, move at a faster pace, include employees in decision-making, and ingrain new behaviors. As a leader within the broader Global Data Organization, you’ll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to play a role in establishing and leading our data culture and ecosystem. You will be challenged to deliver innovation at scale balanced with operational frameworks to ensure consistent performance. You’ll work in a close partnership with leaders, scientists, product managers, data stewards, analyst, engineering and platforms teams to define a roadmap, maintain agility, and navigate to transform the enterprise through any set of constraints.
- Developing and iteratively refining Walmart’s overall Data and Analytics operating model and playbook
- Drive Walmart’s approach to evaluating each domains effectiveness and ability to execute the operating model and deliver accelerating innovation and digital transformation workstreams.
- Design Walmart’s consulting and engagement processes and service model in support of the operating model transition and transformation.
- Ensuring roles and career paths across the operating model are consistent, reflect modern standards for data performance and ensure consistent facilitation of calibration and success planning activities. This work is inclusive of key roles across the enterprise including executive leaders, data product disciplines, data stewardship, data science, machine learning engineering, data engineering, platform engineering, architecture, etc…
- Designing and ensuring consistent delivery of Walmart’s training curriculum and educational programs.
- Develop and drive clear, iterative roadmaps in a highly matrixed environment across the overall enterprise and data value chains.
- Demonstrate a passion for details with ability to ideate and problem solve actively with business leaders, product, science and engineering stakeholders
- Leverage knowledge of software development best practices in a highly interconnected and iterative environment, applying recommendations to team organization and roadmap development to drive efficiency and transparency.
- Demonstrate strong command of workflows and operationally excellence to ensure efficiency in solution development and clean integration with business practices
- Develop a view of ROI/Business value created considering resource and expenses against business value created.
- Be a center of excellence in clarity of alignment and communication to all levels of the organization
Who you are:
- You have excellent analysis and critical reasoning skills with a strong focus on execution
- You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
- You are a team player, with the courage to drive change through disruption while maintaining a respect for the team
- You possess strong collaboration skills and approach problems with positive intent while driving towards resolution
- You have the ability to simplify strategy into simple actions
- You empower and inspire your colleagues and team mates to take action and embrace the mindset that, "Everything can be made better”
- You have a strong balance of business and technical acumen, and are able to apply these in real-world activities
- You are curious, and are not afraid to dig deep look in places that others ignore
- Experience in change management consulting or organizational transformation.
- Minimum of 5 years of team leadership experience and cross-functional influence
- Self-directed, well organized and have good follow-up skills
- Excellent written and oral communication & presentation skills
- Strong leadership capabilities and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge and experience in software development using agile methodologies
- Entrepreneurial attitude with focus on goals while exhibiting personal integrity and a focus on the customer
- Experience leading diverse and geographically dispersed teams
- Proven ability to drive results, especially in a matrixed or influence based environment
- Strong relationship building skills, coupled with high business acumen
- Demonstrate a passion for driving frictionless use of data to solve new business problems
- Good working knowledge of the value of delivering insights through data and analytics.
- Detail oriented leader with ability to work, develop, and think at strategic level.
Additionally, the appetite to work with the teams to dig into data, processes, issues, to identify root-cause issues and remedies is a very desirable strength.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts