Principal Site Reliability Engineer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1187517BR
What you'll do at
Must haves: Strong experience as a Site Reliability Engineer, DevOps, UNIX etc.
- Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Leads the discovery phase of large projects to develop high level design
- Leads the work of cross-functional groups of ten to twenty engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports business objectives
- Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering OR PhD.
- Creates systems engineering and architectural documentation to be used by others to build and maintain systems.
- Scripting and Development responsibilities: Design and develop software in several modern languages. Design large/complex database-backed systems and has an expert understanding of DB schema and query performance. Given a broad set of goals, can create detailed requirements and technical design specifications. Designs modular systems to be co-developed by teams of less experienced SRE. Designs horizontally-scalable solutions with innovative use of storage and networking including good understanding of APIs for integration with other systems. Utilizes professional best practices in day-to-day work like revision control, unit testing, or other. Utilizes professional best practices in day-to-day work like revision control, unit testing, or other. Applies statistical data analysis techniques.
- Networking responsibilities: Recommends or helps architect an entire system. Acts as an expert in understanding and performing TCP dumps, snoop, and other network sniffers. Understands and applies knowledge of most protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, UDP, etc.)
- Application Technologies: Provides expert recommendations and advice to the team and/or department in the areas of web services, OS, and storage, including being an active liaison to Development, QA and the Business.
- Analyzes systems and makes recommendations to prevent possible problems. Takes lead on issue resolution activities using knowledge of complex and company-wide systems.
- Lead end-to-end audit of monitors and alarms based on subsystem knowledge. Takes the lead on defining the requirements for new tools required for CRC and vertical SRE.
- Utilizes time management and project management skills to lead the resolution of issues in a timely and organized manner, effectively communicating necessary information. May consult directly with developers or third party vendors; provides subject matter expertise.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents