- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Marketing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1186455BR
What you'll do at
The Marketing Manager for the Baby & Pet business will report into the Director of Marketing for Pets & Baby and play a key role in supporting overall marketing efforts. This role will coordinate regularly with the retail organization, marketing channel owners, and creative team. This role will be instrumental in the execution of the marketing vision and strategy for a rapidly expanding and evolving category. This role is perfect for someone interested in learning all performance marketing channels and getting a strong foundation in both high consideration and consumable categories.
Marketing planning, execution and creative asset development (50% of time)
•Maintain marketing and retail planning calendars.
•Work closely with the site merchandiser and category specialists to ensure seamless storytelling between marketing channels and site pages.
•Support post purchase trigger email development.
•Serve as a liaison between the seasonal, brand social, CRM, creative and site merchandiser/category specialists to ensure the timely delivery of high quality assets and compelling messages.
•Participate in project briefings with creative team.
•Develop concepts for photos / creative based on marketing briefs; manage timelines and oversee the execution of creative assets.
•Work with Director of Marketing to support closer coordination of co-op spend through Walmart Media Group.
Baby Registry (25% of time):
•Manage the development (assortment, brands, timing, quantities, etc.) of the free welcome box associated with registry.
•Pull & manage data on registry sign-ups.
•Support 360 marketing campaign for registry re-launch.
•Support Baby Registry CRM program.
Insights & Analytics (25% of time)
•Monitor competitive actions for registry, the baby & pet categories, owning a weekly competitive assessment report.
•Develop knowledge of the latest innovations and opportunities impacting the marketing landscape, our partners and our competitors.
•Develop a deep understanding of consumer habits (online and offline) and approach the baby & pet category with an omnichannel mindset.
•Build reporting dashboards for marketing, site and other metrics.
•Strong organization and project management skills to keep all parties on track and ensure high quality implementation.
•Build strong relationships with retail, marketing channel partners and creative teams.
- Achieves marketing objectives for one or more key segments
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Develops annual plan(s) for one or more key segments
- Drives sales growth and changes in customer attitudes and behaviors for one or more key segments
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Manages project and initiative performance
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
•3-5+ years relevant experience in B2C marketing, brand management and/or project management.
•BA/BS degree, with strong academic record preferred, or equivalent work experience.
•Experience developing and running CRM (email, push notification) campaigns a plus.
•Proven track record of supporting high performing marketing campaigns that exceed revenue and customer targets.
•Experience in at least one area of performance marketing including acquisition, retention, brand, media, creative, content, product marketing and partnerships.
•Strong analytical acumen. Willingness to “get hands dirty” and analyze details where necessary.
•Strong organization skills and ability to work effectively across a cross-functional team.
•Team player with strong communication skills.
•Must be able to travel up to 15% of time.
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Communications, or related field and 3 years experience in marketing or related field OR 5 years experience in marketing or related field.
•Customer mindset with knowledge/interest in retail.
- 1 year experience managing cross-functional teams.
- 1 year of supervisory experience.
- 2 years experience in online marketing.
- 2 years experience managing vendor contracts and relationships.
- 3 years experience in direct or indirect retail marketing, including product marketing and brand management.
- Master's degree in Business Administration or related field.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents