Senior Security Engineer - PCI
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Cybersecurity
- Job Function Cybersecurity
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1185994BR
What you'll do at
- Assists in the development of Information Security Engineers
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in eCommerce and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Improves the security posture of Walmart-owned sites
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Monitors and administers network security
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides on-call security and operational support for the production web environment and associated locations
- Supports governance and compliance audits relative to payment card industry (PCI) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
• Coordinate day-to-day security regulatory compliance, working with Infosec, Product, Engineering, and our user-facing teams to ensure that our services and users remain compliant and ahead of applicable security standards
• Be an expert in the security practices of the payment industry and in general data security regulations
• Manage compliance programs of one or multiple security engineering and compliance initiatives
• Identify, assess, and advise on IT and business-related risks and control weaknesses continuously
• Deliver project reporting utilizing tools to track planning, scheduling, issues, risks and overall status of compliance efforts
- Assist with technical issues and execute on control requirements as needs arise
• 4-6 years of experience working in compliance or audit, with an additional 2+ year working in PCI
• Experience in an Engineering or Technical role, delivering privacy and/or security solutions
- Experience with most of the following common security compliance frameworks, controls, and best practices: PCI DSS, ISO 27001, NIST, regulations governing personally identifiable information (PII), and other regulatory compliance frameworks
• Proven successful project manager, able to effectively prioritize and a large number of projects happening simultaneously, often on tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organization to facilitate the implementation of compliance programs including requirements consultation, readiness, audit and remediation
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communications skills
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents