Director, Product Management, Data & Analytics
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Product Management - Technology
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1183834BR
What you'll do at
As a self-motivated and enthusiastic leader in our team, you will be working across multiple engineering, product and business teams to understand the emerging needs of making Walmart more data driven. Your charter will include translating these requirements into robust product roadmap, bring your vision, strategy and product thinking into creating data products that delight the customer. You will be responsible for the end to end delivery of new products, as well as enhancements to existing products & processes and day to day support. You will also play a critical role in designing, developing and providing technical guidance to engineers and ensuring project delivery with high quality.
• Help develop strategic vision and roadmap for Walmart’s Data Platform to make better decisions with Data for Corporate Functions of the organization like Finance, Compliance, Human Resources etc.
• Partner with internal business units, other product managers, and engineering partners to develop specific use cases to bring the power of the data platform to life
• Constantly question and clarify the cross-functional implications of all product decisions and ensure that critical business issues are surfaced and considered
• Ensure the product specifications are well understood by the development team
• Balance scope of development projects against one another to determine how to make the most efficient use of resources to create the greatest level of value for the company
• Oversee pilot testing new data products and proof of concept initiatives
• Ensure that product specifications meet high standards for quality before approval
• Manage projects aligning developers, QA and doing UAT with business users
• Research and recommend new products, tools and applications
• Provide thought leadership, results leadership and people leadership to direct and indirect teams
• Product Management experience and proven track record working on enterprise data platforms
• Data and Analytics experience for corporate functions
• Complete understanding of business requirements gathering and analysis process
• Good understanding of business processes and concepts in areas such as Finance, Human Resources etc.
• Experience with Agile methodologies and tools
• Thorough understanding of data streaming technologies, near real-time data processing, materialization and reporting
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Directs product initiatives
- Ensures the delivery of the product area portfolio
- Leads the formulation of product vision and strategy for a single product area
- Provides overall direction
- 2 years' supervisory experience
- Bachelor of Science and 7 years' product management experience OR 11 years' product management experience.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts