Staff Software Engineer - Advertising Technologies
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1176836BR
What you'll do at
In this role, you will work on both customer and advertiser experiences. We are at the forefront of innovation around display advertising, and you will have an opportunity to own the customer experience around advertising on Walmart.com. We are also building the next generation of our advertiser self serve interfaces, this is an opportunity for greenfield development using the latest in frontend technologies.
You will be responsible for analyzing the software system requirements and user needs, to determine feasibility of design, and implement the software. Formulate and design the software system using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design. Use knowledge of complete application system development life cycle to ensure project can be completed within timely manner.
- 7+ years working in large scale enterprise software development environments
- 5+ years of experience to develop MV(C) based front end frameworks
- Proven ability in building large scale web applications with Single Page Applications (SPA) architecture
- Knowledge of popular existing templating technologies like Handlebars / Underscore / Mustache
- Expertise in implementing popular tools/libraries/frameworks like Yo, Grunt, Bower, Jenkins, Chef, Yeoman, Mocha, Chai, Sinon, GIT into current SDLC
- 4+ years of experience in interactive and responsive web development using HTML5, CSS3, SASS and jQuery for mobiles and tablets
- Proven ability in implementing best/excellent practices and Design Patterns like promises, application flow control, event/error/AJAX handling etc.
- 4+ years of experience in using performance, analytics and UX tools
- 4+ years of experience in Restful API services
- Active contributor of digital communities like Github, Stack Overflow or others
MS in computer science or engineering preferred
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts