Senior Manager of Merchandise Finance and Planning
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function Finance and Corporate Strategy
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1172592BR
What you'll do at
• Conducts financial analysis and prepares reports (i.e. historical sales trends, seasonality charts) to understand and explain business trends. Assesses the impact of key variables (i.e. seasonal events, assortment mix, market dynamics) on item, subcategory and category performance.
• Evaluates and mitigates exposure to risk that may impact the financial plan; reconciles financial results of assortment changes; analyzes financial forecasts and compares them to actual results; identifies and forms actionable plans to correct discrepancies in the financial plan.
• Designs and interprets category and subcategory financial strategies and makes recommendations to influence strategic decisions and key event plans for merchandise categories.
• Plans pre-season and maintains in-season item level assortment and feature plans; partners with replenishment to develop inventory plans; produces and communicates sell-through and item indexing; identifies and addresses liability issues that may affect financial plans.
• Executes planning calendar for merchandise categories by driving key stakeholder accountability for achieving deadlines; makes presentations in financial plan review meetings; provides clear financials and item plans for line reviews.
• Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs and initiatives; consults with business partners and key stakeholders; solicits, evaluates and applies suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
Additional preferred qualification:
• Technical expertise in SQL, Alteryx , Tableau
- 1 year of supervisory experience OR 1 year experience leading cross-functional projects.
- Bachelor s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 2 years experience in finance or related field OR 5 years experience in finance or related field.
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents