Technical Design Manager II -Missy,Active,Seasonal
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1167726BR
What you'll do at
- Maintains, creates & utilizes resources (for example, blocks, sketches, fit models) needed for product development
- Manages creation of style intent for designated category products by collaborating with Product Development and suppliers to translate style concepts into specification packages and guide production standards for each product; creating sketches, style details, construction, and measurements; providing guidance to business partners (for example, merchants, Product Development, suppliers) on design intent, fit and construction standards to support product safety, compliance, and value pricing; and attending milestone meetings to communicate style changes to suppliers and cross functional stakeholders (for example, Product Development, Quality Assurance, Global Sourcing).
- Manages daily product approval workflow for designated Apparel category by Processing fit iterations to determine if samples meet Walmart needs and production-ready standards by preparing samples; conducting fit session with business partners (for example, Product Development, merchants, suppliers) to gain alignment on aesthetic direction and achieve proper fit; communicating
fit comments (for example, grading, construction, fit corrections) to the supply chain via multiple media (for example, photographs, sketches, pattern images) to prepare garments for approval.
- Evaluates in-store production quality by performing in-store product reviews; determining the extent to which the product meets approved specifications and quality standards; developing and distributing reports of findings to management and cross-functional partners (for example, Product Development, merchants, suppliers).
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice/guidance/mentoring to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Assists in the management of processes for on-boarding new suppliers and maintaining existing suppliers (for example, approval process, fit forms)
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures adherence to the departmental calendar and tracks departmental production by completing daily tracking logs for designated category products; managing workload to ensure timely sample and comment turn times and adherence to deadlines; and escalating issues regarding timing, quality and supplier performance to management as needed.
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Textiles, Design, or related field and 3 years experience in technical design, product development, or related field OR 6 years experience in technical design, product development, or related field.
- 1 year of supervisory experience.
- 2 years experience in apparel manufacturing.
- 2 years experience in product safety and compliance.
- 2 years experience working on cross-functional teams.
- 2 years experience working on multi-national teams.
- 2 years experience working with pattern design systems (PDS).
- 2 years working with product development software.
- Master's degree in Business, Textiles, Design, or related field.
"Working at Walmart is about being part of something bigger than yourself. The work we do impacts families and communities across the world."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents