Senior Manager, Channel Analytics (Social, Affiliates and Display)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function Data Analytics
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1166791BR
What you'll do at
As the Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics – Display, Paid Social, & Affiliates, you will create and lead the development of world-class analytics to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of our marketing in order to drive aggregate performance for Walmart.com. You will be responsible for building out a holistic view of performance as well as a detailed analytics roadmap by leveraging state of the art analytics tools (i.e. SQL/Hive/Hadoop/Cloud, Adobe Analytics, VisualIQ, Tableau/ThoughSpot/Looker, etc.). Key projects include Attribution, Experimentation, and Optimization. This role is highly visible since it must work cross functionally along with Category Marketing, Channel Marketing, Product Management, and IT and is charged with identifying areas of opportunity to drive revenue through data-driven best practices. Given the size and scale of marketing at Walmart.com this position will have significant impact across the organization.
• Develops and manages key supplier partnerships on new and existing marketing initiatives. Develops annual plan(s).
• Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects. Ensures business needs are being met.
• Manages marketing budgets.
• Manages the Walmart brand.
• Manages the development and execution of large-scale marketing initiatives (for example, on-site merchandising, advertising, store integration).
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
• Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates.
• 7+ years of experience in data analysis or an analytical capacity
• 3+ years of experience in Marketing Analytics, Digital Analytics, or Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
• 2+ years of experience leading cross functional teams and influencing Marketing, Finance, Business Ops and Engineering.
• Proficient SQL programming skills with an understanding of database capabilities and experience of integrating, structuring, and analyzing large amounts of data from diverse sources.
• Experience leveraging big data technologies (Hive/Hadoop) and modern data visualization tools (Tableau, ThoughtSpot, Looker) to blend data from multiple sources to help answer multi-dimensional business questions
• Experience with statistical concepts and knowledge of Test/Control methodologies
• Expert level understanding of Microsoft Office suite especially Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills and ability to synthesize findings into tangible actions that help drive business outcomes
• Strong organizational skills, a strong sense of ownership and accountability, and t the ability to lead projects, communicate effectively, and be a self-starter.
• You can communicate technical material to a range of audiences and to ‘tell a story’ that provides insight into the business
• You embrace tackling complex problems with a high degree of ambiguity.
• Travel 10-20% of the time mainly to Hoboken, NJ (Jet.com) and Bentonville, AR (Walmart, Inc.)
• Background in Digital Marketing Analytics, Retail and/or eCommerce
• Experience with A/B and Multivariate test design and implementation
• Retail and/or eCommerce industry experience in a heavily data-driven environment preferred
• Working knowledge of Digital Marketing Channels (at least CPC Paid Search and Programmatic Display). Preference will be given to candidates with experience optimizing paid media channels through advanced Marketing and Ad Technology (i.e. Marin, Kenshoo, Google DoubleClick & Adwords, etc.)
• Experience using an enterprise-level digital analytics platforms (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.)
• Preference will be given to candidates with a working understanding of attribution and the differences between rules-based last click attribution versus algorithmic multi-touch attribution. Additionally, experience with Media Mix Modeling is a plus.
• You have a passion for working in a fast-paced agile environment
"The people you work with are ready to help without hesitation to make sure you succeed, it’s just part of the culture."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents