Quality Meat Inspector - Sherman , TX
- Location MCKINNEY, TX
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1165004BR
What you'll do at
- Drives cold chain compliance of storage areas and shipping process to maintain quality throughout the supply chain
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Ensures compliance of quality specifications in terms of cutting, styling, packaging, and labeling
- Evaluates quality of plant inbound proteins (for example, beef and pork subprimals, whole chickens) to improve quality of finalized goods
- Leads meat quality assurance program development and optimization
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- 2 years experience developing relationships and negotiating with external partners (for example, manufacturers, suppliers).
- 5 years experience in meat cutting, processing, or related function.
- 3 years experience applying U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) processes and specifications, hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP), and/or food laws and relations.
- 3 years experience inspecting quality based on product specifications.
- 3 years experience leading teams, providing direct performance feedback to others, or related experience.
- 5 years experience translating meat specifications into final products.
- 7 years experience in a plant environment meat cutting, processing, or related function.
- Bachelor s degree in Agriculture or related field.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
"We advocate for our customers, provide opportunity to our employees, and support efforts that better the lives of millions of people."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents