People Experience Manager
- Location RESTON, VA
- Career Area Human Resources
- Job Function Human Resources
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1162063BR
What you'll do at
About the Job
This is a rare and incredible opportunity to build and promote associate happiness at Walmart.com through the management of all employee based initiatives: site events, employee clubs, community programs, engagement perks, company meetings, employee wellness initiatives, and site communications. You will have the opportunity to work at one of the world’s largest and fastest moving companies on the e-commerce landscape today, while helping to shape and create an unparalleled workplace culture.
• Lead and help develop cultural programs and practices that enhance and enrich Walmart Labs’ culture including but not limited to engagement, wellbeing, and inclusion
• Manage onboarding and new hire experience initiatives, including initial associate set up within HRIS, facilitate new hire orientation
• Facilitate leadership best practices throughout the company that foster an engaging, people-centric-culture within teams and divisions.
• Execute employee engagement surveys including analysis and action planning to drive improvements.
• Lead site philanthropic efforts.
• Lead and develop cultural events, community events, and other speaking engagements
• Maintaining vendor and client relationships; ordering supplies and swag; overseeing office maintenance, redesign, and expansions.
• Develop communication strategic priorities by writing and disseminating a diverse array of content including email, newsletters, videos, speeches, presentations, talking points and digital signage messages.
• P&L management for the location: examining revenues and costs, and determining ways to run the facility as efficiently as possible.
• Works closely with site leadership and human resources to implement effective associate strategies
• Research and assess market competition cultural best practices through networking and strategic partnerships
• Build Relationships
• Demonstrate Professional Judgment
• Meet Internal/External Customer Needs
• Focus on Execution and Results
• Plan for and Improve Performance
• Influence and Communicate
• Model Ethics and Compliance
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Communications, , Liberal Arts, Fine Arts, or related field OR 3 years experience in training and development, communications, or related field.
• Flexibility and comfort in a fast-paced, ambiguous, always changing environment
• Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias towards employee-centric innovation
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a high attention to detail
• Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
• Excellent project management skills
• Comfortable delivering feedback and coaching up, down and to the side
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Creative and innovative thinker, ability to approach opportunities and generate ideas that inspire exciting outcomes
• Collaborative; team player who can work with multiple stakeholder groups
• Immersive attitude; passionate about employee happiness and culture
• Visually verifies information, often in small print.
• Reads information, often in small print.
• Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
• Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
• Enters and locates information on computer.
• Moves up and down stairs.
• Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
• Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
• Sits or stands for long periods of time.
• Travels domestically to and from multiple facilities or work sites that may require consecutive overnight stays.
• Work varying shifts as required.
About Walmart Labs
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."
Hello, D.C. Metro
National landmarks, museums, renowned restaurants—the D.C. Metro is a hub of activity and culture. It’s also a prime location for the future of tech.Discover D.C. Metro
The Lincoln Memorial
"In this temple, as in the hearts of the people for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever."
The National Mall
A symbol of freedom and equality, millions visit the Mall annually to relax, enjoy its beauty, visit its museums and find voice.
Escape for a hike in the great outdoors at Great Falls, where the Potomac River spills over steep, jagged rocks through the picturesque Mather Gorge.
Air and Space
Companion to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on the Mall, the Udvar-Hazy Center displays thousands of aviation and space artifacts.
Wolf Trap National Park
This 117-acre park is a majestic natural setting for performances, dining and year-round recreational opportunities like hiking and sledding.
Fishing, boating, campgrounds, mini train, carousel, volleyball courts, golf course, disk golf, snack shop, picnic areas, playgrounds and mini-golf!
Reston Town Center
Shopping, dining, ice-skating and events in a beautiful setting in the heart of Reston.
The final resting place for more than 400,000 active duty service members, veterans and their families, honoring their service to our country.
City of Alexandria
Once among the 10 busiest ports in America, the city's historic character still remains; beautiful 18th- and 19th-century buildings line the Old Town.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts