Director of Global Public Policy- Healthcare
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Corporate Affairs and Communications
- Job Function Corporate Affairs and Communications
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1162030BR
What you'll do at
Additional functions include:
• Leads global public policy development and coordination efforts by working to globalize policy efforts and providing resources and tools for all of Walmart's government affairs functions (local, state, federal and international markets)
• Collaborates with leadership to develop and execute policy messaging and implement media strategies to drive and enhance company reputation by generating and identifying media opportunities
• Represents company's regulatory, compliance, and policy positions and initiatives with internal and external groups, including engagement with policymakers to discuss company positions; advancing the company's position at industry and legislative events
• Drives and oversees the selection and performance of Global Public Policy and Government Relations suppliers and external consultants (for example, policy consultants and third party coalitions, polling and public affairs firms, trade and business associations) by identifying suppliers consistent with current business and political needs; managing the request for proposal (RFP) process
• Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans
• Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
• Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives
- Bachelor s degree in Communications, Political Science, or related field and 5 years experience managing projects or campaigns in politics, public affairs, or related field OR 7 years experience managing projects or campaigns in politics, public affairs, or related field.
- 2 years supervisory experience.
- 3 years corporate experience involving direct media relations, coalition building, or direct lobbying.
- 3 years government relations experience in a Fortune 500 company.
- Juris Doctorate
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents