Director Network Engineering - Global Business Services
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1160873BR
What you'll do at
Walmart Global Infrastructure Engineering and Operations offer Enterprise solutions and technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, Cloud, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small store to mid-size office and large Enterprise organizations, Walmart Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Walmart Network Infrastructure is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Walmart.
Director Software Defined Network infrastructure Products
The Director of Software Defined Network infrastructure Products for Walmart Business Services will be responsible for the full product lifecycle serving Walmart Business segments and channels. This includes running the Software Defined Network infrastructure product roadmap and developing features and tools to improve performance and customer experience. Collaboration is key, as you will be working directly with several department leaders to plan and oversee the long-term vision and strategy for compelling and differentiated software defined network security. This is an exciting opportunity to get exposure working on unique and modern technologies in an agile environment.
• Collaborates with cross-functional teams to launch new services, features and enhancements on time and within budget. Serves as a subject-matter expert for assigned products.
• Assesses needs and opportunities for new products through research and feasibility analysis. Manages, gathers, and analyzes competitive intelligence data for product lines.
• Participates in product modification, cost reduction, margin analysis, advertising and promotion, forecasting, product positioning and pricing strategies.
• Develops goals, budget and strategic business plans. Recommends ways to expand sales and profitability.
• Manages the product planning and scheduling process according to sales volume, inventory requirements and materials availability.
• Establishes and implement policies and procedures needed to achieve goals. Develops, mentors, and trains Specialists to ensure department work performance and objectives are met.
• Develops and manages product offerings to customers as well as working with other groups within the company to develop and support cross-functional strategy and product rollouts.
• Assists in developing product roadmaps and identifies new product offerings.
• Identifies and gathers potential product ideas, technologies, and business opportunities that can be integrated into the current product line and recommends exploration of future products and opportunities.
• Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
• Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Working knowledge and experience with Software Defined Networks (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV), Network-based Security
• Fluent in standard methodologies for data networking and cloud computing
• Worked with Agile teams using SCRUM, or other agility model
• Self-starter; the ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks across multiple projects and staff
• Grow with change and know how to get things done
• Metric driven; identify intended results and measure outcomes
• Possess strong project management, problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical abilities
• Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and presentation abilities
• Highly harmonious. Builds trust and positive relationships at all levels
• Confident and influences without formal authority, but pushes back when appropriate
• Earns respect and respects contributions of others
- Bachelor of Science and 9 years' engineering experience OR Master of Science and 8 years' engineering experience OR PhD and 5 years' engineering experience.
• Bachelor's degree required in Business, Engineering, or related field; MBA or Masters a plus
• 12+ years related experience
• 3+ years' as a product manager working on cutting edge network security software products and technologies.
• Elevate new hire speed to proficiency, retention and productivity
• Monitor post-training performance in order to continually elevate the Network design, deployment and address apprentice and tenured speed to proficiency, retention, and productivity
• Coach and develop team members into Learning professionals, driving enhanced employee engagement and outcomes
• Manage business partner relationships, all Line of Business stakeholders in the region and facilitate sharing of learning metrics, results and strategies
• Working with the Innovation/Future Learner team to stay current with learning trends to drive innovation and evolution of our learning, elevating learning relevance, effectiveness, and efficiency
Military Experience Valued
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents