Principal Software Engineer
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1156993BR
What you'll do at
• Represent the team in architectural and technical discussions with other engineering teams
• Represent the team in discussions with the Product and Business teams
• Analyze business problems to design solutions and/or implements and tests complex code changes for specific requirements or application/standalone program.
• Split between individual contributor and leadership role is expected to be 75/25, you will spend most of your time hands on coding and architecting.
• Participate as an individual contributor in the design, coding and implementation of sophisticated features
• Perform build, deployment and continuous integration processes to move the code and configurations from local development environments to QA & Production environments
• Drive production deployments using platform’s automated CI and deployment tools
• Work closely with engineering management on optimizing all engineering processes such as estimation, architecture, task definition etc.
• Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans.
• Work as Level 3 production support engineer on a rotation-basis to help Level 2 production support team for any production issue where engineering help is required. Provide support in troubleshooting / investigations pertaining to the inventory management systems.
• Responsible for production environment health as first priority, enabling automated monitoring and alerting and ensuring close to 100% uptime.
• Support Business requests for investigation and analysis
• Troubleshoot business and production issues
• Help the team leverage and contribute to open source technologies
• Proven industry experience with large scale distributed systems
• Solid experience with object-oriented and/or event driven systems
• Strong programming experience in object oriented programming e.g. Java or functional programming e.g. Scala or F#
• Extensive experience building services using back end technologies (Java, Spring, Hibernate)
• In depth knowledge of SQL/No-SQL and database technologies ( Oracle, Cassandra, Hive) and caching solutions (Couchbase/Redis)
• Strong aptitude for writing efficient code
• Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
• Experience in production system operations (logging, telemetry, alerting etc.)
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Has ambition and vigor to add value to a rapidly growing development team
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts