Walmart eCommerce MBA Intern
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Product Management - Technology
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1152142BR
What you'll do at
Please note: This is a general posting and specific opportunities will become available throughout the fall. Below are some examples of projects or teams that you could be involved with. We are looking for well-rounded individuals that could fit into multiple roles.
• Supply Chain/Operations - Driving product vision and roadmaps while leading teams to deploy innovative solutions. Work on visionary projects that will demonstrate an interest and understanding of supply chain concepts in an online or retail environment.
• Product Management – Our eCommerce is fueling the growth of Walmart and our goal is to create a premiere Product Management organization who will lead this company into the future. To that end, the Customer Experience team at WalmartLabs looks for an intern with a passion for Product Management to work alongside our Product Leaders and design a customer experience to make Walmart a destination when searching and browsing for Home items. The intern will be given ownership of a project which they will be responsible to drive from conception to launch.
• The Online Grocery Customer Experience team works closely with cross-functional partners to deliver an optimal online grocery digital experience. Your project will entail working with various stakeholders to vet and validate a product opportunity and create a plan to build, test, iterate and launch. If time and needs allow, you may also have an opportunity to work with designers to mock up possible designs or researchers to create a research plan to gain more insights.
The Intern Program
Your intern experience will far beyond your specific assignment. Through the intern executive speaker
series, tech talks and work-team activities you will be able to gain a greater knowledge of the company as well as the industry. You will also have the opportunity to participate in a variety of professional development offerings ranging from brand knowledge to agile training. Finally and most importantly…being an intern @Walmart eCommerce is fun! Whether you are playing a pickup basketball or ping pong game, going to the San Francisco Giants games, or taking an intern-only catamaran cruise around the San Francisco Bay, there is always something going on. With the San Francisco Bay Area as your playground the opportunities both inside and outside of work are endless!
• First year MBA from a nationally recognized, top-tier program with a focus in general management, marketing, entrepreneurship, finance, or strategy
• Customer-focus and even obsession. The customer comes first at Walmart, always
• Grit to persevere through setbacks and difficulties and still deliver great solutions to the customer
• 3-5 years of professional work experience in retail, eCommerce, product, consulting, military or quantitative and strategic roles. That said, candidate with un-orthodox backgrounds are encouraged to apply, so if you spent your pre-MBA career leading tours through though the Himalayas, do apply!
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deal with ambiguity
• Strategic, critical thinking with strong problem-solving skills and common business acumen
• Communication skills with emphasis on influencing senior leaders and leading multiple teams
• Extreme attention to detail
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents