- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Data Science and Analytics
- Job Function Data Science and Analytics
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1143194BR
What you'll do at
Walmart Global People Analytics is seeking versatile Data Scientist to focus on building complex, cutting edge, and scalable algorithms that impact all current and future associates. Our team of high caliber engineers, scientists, mathematicians, and statisticians develop rigorous quantitative methods to build efficient and effective algorithms that optimize decisions.
We employ the wealth of Walmart data to build the portfolio of AI/ML models in a rapid DevOps cycle. Our product teams engage closely with our business stakeholders. We see the outcomes of our work enhance decisions every day.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic group of scientists developing breakthrough capabilities, creating new scientific approaches, and innovating solutions using state-of-the-art technology – at Walmart scale.
As a Data Scientist You Will:
• Work closely with business partners to define objectives and design appropriate analytics solutions
• Apply your expertise in data mining, modeling, and software engineering to develop and productionize Machine Learning algorithms
• Develop inference and prediction models to drive analytics insights
• Lead small and participate in large data science product teams
• Participate in the continuous improvement of data science
• Present data insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
• Provide and support the implementation of business solutions
• Model compliance with company policies and support company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Bachelor of Science and 2 years' data science experience OR Master of Science and 1 year's data science experience.
• 4 years’ experience with relational databases (SQL) or Big Data (Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
• 2 years’ experience with Machine Learning (Scikit-learn, H2O.ai, etc.)
• Experience with Deep Learning framework (Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc.)
• Experience with Natural Language Processing (sentiment analysis, intent detection, entity extraction, topic segmentation, etc.)
• Experience with cloud computing (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, AWS)
• Experience with DevOps and Agile ways of working
• Experience with Operations Research and Stochastic Optimization
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents