Head of Design, Mexico
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area UX Design
- Job Function User Experience and Design (UX/UI)
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1142425BR
What you'll do at
What You'll Do:
- Recruit and develop extraordinary talent, by coaching, managing and mentoring a team of 10-15 associates across design, research and content.
- Establish and communicate effective design processes through a strong understanding of user-centered design techniques coupled with practical experience in how a design team should collaborate cross-functionally for maximum effectiveness delivering solutions.
- Juggle many objectives, as a consistent champion for the customer.
- Apply and further develop your experience in developing new approaches to design based on industry best practices, including agile and lean product development methodologies.
- Drive multi-channel user experience strategy and innovation with successful delivery of product roadmaps across 5 platforms & 4 brands (Walmart, Sam’s club, Superama and Bodega Aurrera.
- Identify the need for analysis of customer behavior changes (for example, spikes in sales, revenues, traffic, abandonment, engagement)
- Gain strategic alignment within and across the organization
- Manage and approve prototypes, specification documentation and style guides.
- Provide overall design direction & full hands-on design work as needed, iteratively creating interaction flows, wireframes, visual, interactive prototypes, and detailed design specifications.
- Present design work to UX, Business, Product, and Engineering teams, as well as stakeholders and executive leadership and gain buy in on proposed approach.
- Involves 30% travel.
About the opportunity
Walmart Mexico and Central America is uniquely positioned to lead the next gen eCommerce world-wide by relying on its unique footprint in the region across its 2,200 stores in 4 store brands to innovate and deliver world-class experience in eCommerce, Retail and Omnichannel shopping. We’re building new teams in Mexico City, Sunnyvale California and Bangalore to accelerate our growth and achieve leadership position in the market. We are innovating around various levels of customer propositions with the range of brands we build: from high-end shopping with Superama to Membership-based commerce at Sam’s Club all the way to everyday low prices at Walmart (Groceries and General Merchandise) and Bodega Aurrera.
- Bachelor Degree Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, Information Science, Design, Communications, English, Writing, or related field and 6 years design experience OR Masters Degree and 7 years design experience OR 10 years’ experience in user experience design or related field.
- 8 years experience in software design or related field.
- 6 years experience in eCommerce or related field.
- 2 years experience developing user experience solutions with agile methodology
- 2 years experience designing front-end user experience solutions for consumer software development using modern web technologies such as AJAX, Ruby on Rails, or related skill.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents