Lab QA Shift Mgr-Dairy
- Location FORT WAYNE, IN
- Career Area Distribution Centers
- Job Function Warehousing - Management
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1135720BR
What you'll do at
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Ensures standards for food safety and quality testing (for example, Food Safety, Quality Control Plans, Key Performance Indicators)
- Leads Continuous Improvement efforts
- Manages laboratory inventory levels to ensure laboratory functions properly
- Manages the business plan for area of responsibility
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- 2 year's supervising experience within a related environment (for example, dairy plant, food processing, manufacturing).
- 2 years clerical experience (for example, filing, data entry) using computer applications (for example, email, Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Visio).
- 2 year s experience in GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices), HACCP, SSOPs, CIP, SQF, FSMA, Appendix N Antibiotic Testing, DMC Direct Microscopic Count, DMSC Direct Microscopic Somatic Count, Sediment Testing, Freezing Point (Cryoscope).
- 2 year s experience in chemical and microbiological methods using instrumentation (for example, HACCP program, HPLC, GC, ICP, ELISA, micro plate readers).
- 3 years experience supervising or leading a technical team.
- 3 years laboratory experience in a dairy plant, food processing or manufacturing laboratory (for example, micro lab, plating samples).
- Bachelor s degree in Biology, Microbiology, Food Science, Chemistry or related field.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents