Director of Marketing - Everyday Living Business
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Marketing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1124371BR
What you'll do at
As the Director of Marketing for the Everyday Living (EDL) Business, you will be a strategic partner to the retail team (category “CEO”’s), owning the go-to-market strategy for all consumables categories, building and executing innovative marketing plans based on your deep understanding of our customer’s needs and shopping missions.
You will be responsible for developing, evolving, and executing the EDL marketing vision and strategy on Walmart eCommerce. You will work together with the EDL Retail organization and the internal media agency, creative, and product teams to implement marketing initiatives that will drive the rapidly expanding and evolving category.
In this highly cross-functional role you will report to the Head of Marketing for the EDL business and lead a lean team focused on growing our base of active customers and their LTV. Your ultimate goals will be to increase awareness of Walmart.com as the shopping destination for our customers’ everyday needs, run a highly efficient customer acquisition engine and leverage all available vehicles to increase retention.
•Partner with retail team to develop and implement the long-term strategy for the EDL consumables categories.
•Develop a 12-month marketing plan to deliver on awareness, customer acquisition and retention KPIs.
•Forecast revenue and track ongoing deployment of budget by media teams.
•Oversee implementation of campaigns across all channels (owned, paid and earned).
•Partner with internal agency (paid media) to design and implement Direct Response approach.
•Partner with search team to increase SEO visibility.
•Build outstanding lifecycle marketing tactics for onboarding, retention and winback segments.
Insights & Analytics:
•Track and share key marketing and business KPIs (traffic, conversion, revenue, ROAS, CPA, etc.), providing insights for fast decision making by the retail and media teams.
•Establish and maintain expert knowledge of the latest innovations and opportunities impacting the marketing landscape and our partners.
•Develop a deep understanding of consumer habits (online and offline) and act as an internal advocate for innovative solutions and marketing campaigns that will acquire and retain the best customers.
•Monitor campaign performance and using data, continuously optimize them.
•Build a high performing marketing team, that is seen as a strong strategic partner to both the retail. organization and the cross-functional teams (internal media agency, creative and product teams, etc.)
•Manage and mentor team of category marketing managers.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Directs the development of annual plans
- Manages the Walmart brand
- Oversees and directs the development and implementation of large-scale marketing initiatives (for example, on-site merchandising, advertising, store integration)
- Oversees the development and management of key supplier partnerships on new and existing marketing initiatives
- Provides overall direction
- Sets and oversees marketing budgets
•Experience in both direct response and brand marketing. Knowledge of marketing disciplines: acquisition, retention, brand, media, creative, content, product marketing and partnerships.
•Proven leadership and people development skills, as well as experience working and influencing cross functionally.
•Expertise in leveraging digital marketing, social, mobile, and new media to engage customers and transform brand and customer experience.
•Proven ability to work with data to understand and analyze performance, optimize plans, make quick decisions and measure impact to the business.
•Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a high attention to detail.
•Sharp creative eye, experience testing and learning messaging and creative.
•Risk-taker, comfortable in fast-paced environment; go-getter, capable of managing multiple projects, priorities.
•Knowledge of and interest in ecommerce customer behavior, retail, and fashion in particular.
•BA/BS degree with strong academic record or equivalent, relevant work experience. An MBA is a plus.
- 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, or related field and 6 years experience in marketing or related field OR 9 years experience in marketing or related field.
- 5 years experience in online marketing.
- 5 years experience managing cross-functional teams.
- 5 years experience managing vendor contracts and relationships.
- 7 years experience in direct or indirect retail marketing, includin
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents