Manager of Category Analytics - Marketing
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Marketing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1124129BR
What you'll do at
As the Manager, Category Analytics – Every Day Living (EDL), you will help the World’s largest omni-channel retailer drive optimal efficiency and effectiveness of our Marketing investment. You will provide Category-specific analysis to inform the product mix, channel mix, media tactics, marketing investment levels and messaging that is optimal to key customer segments for your Category. You will be the “go-to” partner for your Category Marketing team for reporting, analytics, insights and recommendations.
•Deliver reporting and analysis of all EDL Category activity across all paid, owned and earned channels.
•Provide deep analysis for the EDL Category Marketers on ad hoc projects.
•Build tools to enable Category Marketers to adopt an analytical mindset for their daily business decisions.
•Work with the Data Engineering team to define category data architecture requirements and needs.
•Work with the Measurement Team to ensure complete tagging and tracking of category assets and campaigns, and to design insightful, actionable testing scenarios.
•Partner with Data Science/Machine Learning Team to develop AI techniques to optimize Category performance.
•Lead category demand curve analysis and media investment scenarios.
•Participate in customer segmentation analysis, including category acquisition and retention measurement and LTV projections.
•Participate in analysis to find adjacent category cross-sell opportunities.
- Achieves marketing objectives for one or more key segments
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Develops annual plan(s) for one or more key segments
- Drives sales growth and changes in customer attitudes and behaviors for one or more key segments
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Manages project and initiative performance
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
•4+ years of experience in data analysis.
•Experience with data analytic tools and databases (example: Access, SQL).
•Experience with A/B and Multivariate test design and implementation.
•Action-oriented analysis and recommendations: Focused on business outcomes to drive all priorities and accountability.
•Strong analytical and quantitative skills and ability to translate findings into actions that align to the needs of the business.
•Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively manage projects, communicate effectively, and be a self-starter.
•Ability to work across various internal stakeholders including marketing, business ops and finance.
•You can effectively communicate technical material to a range of audiences.
•You embrace tackling complex problems with a high degree of ambiguity.
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Communications, or related field and 3 years experience in marketing or related field OR 5 years experience in marketing or related field.
•Background in retail or eCommerce.
•Experience conducting customer path analysis and basket analysis.
•Experience leveraging data visualization tools such as Tableau, ThoughtSpot, Looker and Domo.
•You have a passion for working in a fast-paced agile environment.
- 1 year experience managing cross-functional teams.
- 1 year of supervisory experience.
- 2 years experience in online marketing.
- 2 years experience managing vendor contracts and relationships.
- 3 years experience in direct or indirect retail marketing, including product marketing and brand management.
- Master's degree in Business Administration or related field.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents