Staff Software Engineer
- Location RESTON, VA
- Career Area Engineering
- Job Function Engineering
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1120545BR
What you'll do at
- This will include both private and public cloud efforts. We are looking for engineers to work on multi petabyte scale Ceph clusters, as well as engaging with public cloud providers to support our users. Due to our scale, we face new and unexpected challenges, and we want engineers excited to tackle an environment like this. The successful candidate for this job will also understand how important user focus is, and will strive to engage and communicate freely with our internal users. You will have the opportunity to influence design, and implementation of our own private cloud storage efforts, as well as applications which utilize both our private and public cloud storage.
- Bachelor of Science and 6 years experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years experience in software engineering.
- 4+ years of large scale production environment
- 5+ years of Linux related jobs
- 3+ years of direct cloud (Google, Azure, OpenStack) experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Direct experience with Ceph
- Demonstrated project lead
- Ansible or other automation
- Linux shell scripting
- Cloud storage proficiency (block and object)
- Performance analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated open source contributions
- Network skills (full IP stack)
About Walmart Labs
Hello, D.C. Metro
National landmarks, museums, renowned restaurants—the D.C. Metro is a hub of activity and culture. It’s also a prime location for the future of tech.Discover D.C. Metro
The Lincoln Memorial
"In this temple, as in the hearts of the people for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever."
The National Mall
A symbol of freedom and equality, millions visit the Mall annually to relax, enjoy its beauty, visit its museums and find voice.
Escape for a hike in the great outdoors at Great Falls, where the Potomac River spills over steep, jagged rocks through the picturesque Mather Gorge.
Air and Space
Companion to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on the Mall, the Udvar-Hazy Center displays thousands of aviation and space artifacts.
Wolf Trap National Park
This 117-acre park is a majestic natural setting for performances, dining and year-round recreational opportunities like hiking and sledding.
Fishing, boating, campgrounds, mini train, carousel, volleyball courts, golf course, disk golf, snack shop, picnic areas, playgrounds and mini-golf!
Reston Town Center
Shopping, dining, ice-skating and events in a beautiful setting in the heart of Reston.
The final resting place for more than 400,000 active duty service members, veterans and their families, honoring their service to our country.
City of Alexandria
Once among the 10 busiest ports in America, the city's historic character still remains; beautiful 18th- and 19th-century buildings line the Old Town.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts