Manager, Strategic Initiatives & Operations Strategy (Store Delivery)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Online Operations
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1118026BR
What you'll do at
assumes responsibility for driving strategic initiatives and operations analytics in Walmart’s grocery delivery team to support the retailer's goals of accelerating a world-class grocery pickup and delivery offering.
• Manage cross-functional projects and strategic initiatives in the grocery delivery space to improve Walmart’s service and increase efficiency.
• Incubate, launch and test new delivery channels in the last-mile logistics space.
• Develop optimal delivery catchments and networks for last mile delivery from Walmart stores
• Deep dive into delivery data to find ways to drive service, speed, reliability, efficiency and contingency management
• Develop driver network and supply management to meet growing customer demand, in line with strategic objectives
- 2 years supervisory experience or experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Operations or related field and 3 years experience in operations, project management, or related field OR 5 years experience in operations, project management, or related field.
- 2 years experience implementing projects or programs in relevant area.
- Master s degree in Operations, Engineering, Business, or related field.
- Project Management certification.
- Six Sigma White Belt certification.
• Prior management consulting experience with experience in either operations projects or the retail industry
• MBA or MS background
• Experience in SQL
• Proven ability to effectively build and manage relationships
• Ability to model Wal-Mart's three core values- Respect for the individual, Service to our customers, Strive for excellence
"I focus on continual improvement. Results don’t just come, they happen from hard work and having great teams helping you along the way."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents