Category Manager, Gift Cards
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1116039BR
What you'll do at
The Category Manager, Gift Cards will be responsible for driving the strategy and financial and operational performance of the business, focusing on growth initiatives, new features, assortment planning, pricing strategy, customer experience, partner management and continuous improvement of end-to-end operating and merchandising activities.
Develops and implements strategy for multiple or complex departments or categories
Drives alignment across multiple cross-functional teams to ensure the achievement of business objectives
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for the Walmart.com merchandising/services area
Ensures business needs are being met
Manages multiple or complex product or service assortment and delivery channels
Oversees and directs the creation and execution of new feature and product development roadmaps
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
• Lead the strategic direction and day-to-day performance of the Walmart gift card and third-party gift card businesses for Walmart eCommerce.
• Develop and drive execution of the business growth strategy to deliver on the daily/weekly/monthly/annual financial plan.
• Ensure broad assortment and in-stock of physical and digital cards.
• Create and innovate new features to retain Walmart’s position as America’s leading gift card program in partnership with the Gift Card product team, UX and other internal teams.
• Drive operating and site improvements to ensure a world-class end-to-end customer experience.
• Develop & drive key initiatives to improve customer satisfaction & reduce overall fraud, in partnership with Treasury, Fraud, AML & compliance teams.
• Be the internal advocate for Gift Cards and create partnership to include gift cards on various teams’ roadmaps, e.g. Product, Supply Chain, UX, Internal Tools Development, etc.
• Approve and regulate sub-licensee gift card promotion programs for loyalty programs, incentive programs, etc.
• Engage consistently with Marketing team and external brands to drive promotions and co-op opportunities for the category.
• Monitor competitive/industry dynamics and manage the value proposition to ensure Walmart’s competitive positioning.
- Creates, manages, and executes new feature and product development roadmaps
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in the Walmart.com merchandising/services area and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Ensures the alignment of multiple cross-functional teams to ensure the achievement of business objectives
- Manages products, services, and operations (for example, store execution, customer service, fulfillment timeliness, service level agreement (SLA) compliance) for assigned business areas
- Manages the placement of products and services with drop-ship vendors (DSVs)
- Manages the product or service assortment and delivery channels
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
• 1+ years of experience in a consumer-focused, e-commerce environment.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Must be motivated self-starter with excellent organizational skills.
• Demonstrated strong leadership and people management, P&L operating experience, analytical mindset, partner management and project management skills, and financial acumen with vision, creativity, and passion.
• Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically, highly skilled at influencing across the organization at all levels as well as ensuring flawless execution.
• Demonstrated high degree of ownership and integrity, attention to detail, excellent communication, and team approach in a fast-paced, fun, hard-working and customer-focused environment.
• Experience with payments and fraud prevention
• Willingness and ability to travel as needed
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. "
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents